Frontend Staff Engineer
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Homebuyers don’t dream about having a mortgage. They dream about having a home. Which is why our mission at EllieMae Poland (part of ICE Mortgage Technology) is to automate everything automatable for the residential mortgage industry. We are leading the mortgage industry into the future, developing and marketing software solutions that are transforming how mortgage lenders, investors, and settlement service providers work—and work together.
Come join a team of world class engineers building the Encompass Consumer Connect Application Suite. We are looking for talented, passionate and experienced engineers to build the next gen application enabling homebuyers to have a secure, intuitive and accessible experience in realizing the dream of home ownership and enabling lenders to customize and optimize the borrower journey with data driven analytics and scalable systems.
What You'll Do:
- Create and craft a delightful experience on web & mobile.
- Design, develop and enhance the next generation of applications & experiences.
- Provides guidance in the investigation and solution of complex problems affecting overall technical architecture.
- Work with diverse, cross-functional teams of designers, UX researchers, engineers, product managers in a fast, collaborative process.
- Obsess with customer experience and uncompromising engineering standards.
- Mentor and build a strong engineering culture in your teams.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor and grow people in your team to be more effective and grow as engineers.
Who you are:
- Bachelor/Masters in Computer Science with 10+ years of experience crafting world-class products & experiences
- You care about your customers and the product. You strive to understand the user problem and find elegant & efficient ways to solve that problem .
- You are obsessed with making customers successful. You build software with customers in mind and get satisfaction by having satisfied customers. You go out of your way to help customers be successful.
- You are passionate about designing exceptional frontend products with clean architecture and beautiful code.
- You obsess over intuitive user experience, performance and scalability
- Proven track record of building complex web applications with high scale/performance.
- A passion for architecting solutions that make an App UI highly interactive, with an ability to identify, quantify, debug and remove performance bottlenecks.
- Great understanding of SEO, Web accessibility, security and privacy principles
- Solid experience in UI frameworks such as Angular, React, Redux, GraphQL, ReactNative or D3 is a plus.
- Solid experience in infrastructure tools such as Nginx, Node or Grunt is a plus.
- Full stack experience is a plus - Familiar with APIs, REST APIs, GraphQL APIs
- Domain experience in one or more areas is a plus - Information Visualization, Search, Data Analytics, Mortgage, Fintech.
- Experience building native or hybrid mobile applications is a plus.
- Amazing problem solver and quick learner with an ability to identify, quantify, debug, and remove bottlenecks and functional issues.
- You take initiative. You see a problem and don't wait for someone to ask you to solve it.
- You understand the value of great teams and do what you can to help create amazing high performing teams.
- You enjoy collaborating with and mentoring others. You take pride in making others better.
- You understand the importance of a growth mindset and collaborative team culture and go out of your way in fostering it.
- You are motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.