Sr. Business Systems Analyst-190276
Technology & Operations – IT
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is seeking a dynamic Senior Business Analyst for IT Enterprise Back Office Applications (specifically for Financials) to join our tightly knit, high-energy Information Technology (IT) Organization to support the delivery of technology solutions primarily across Workday platform. This role will report to the Sr Manager of IT Back Office Applications and be based in Pleasanton, California. This individual will be responsible for the planning, analysis, design and delivery of solutions primarily focused on enterprise wide Lead to Cash transformation initiative, Workday Financials, any connecting integrations as well as driving the scoping and planning for solutions on new technologies to support the Back-Office Organization. This individual must be engaging and consultative in his/her approach to work with effective communication skills. In short, you will never be bored. You will challenge yourself with a wide variety of projects and you will have many opportunities to make a positive impact and grow your career.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Serve primarily as Financials (preferably Order to Cash) go-to Business Analyst, responsible for the Scope, design and delivery of technology Solutions that optimize and enable our Finance Organization. This also includes staying updated with technology releases and road-map and identify opportunities to leverage new features and functionality to improve business processes.
- Responsible for Workday Financials and its integrations with external systems such as Salesforce.com.
- Support the relationship with the Finance Organization, utilizing proactive account management strategies, and develop strong business relationships
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather, analyze and document information needs and functional requirements.
- Lead business analysis and modeling activities by interviewing process owners, users and other stakeholders to identify business processes, evaluates the current process and workflow for various business functions; document findings and recommends improvements.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements and work closely with technical team on any technical components
- Act as a liaison between Project Sponsors/Stakeholders and technical teams. Lead cross-functional teams to deliver business and technical requirements, business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, acceptance tests, and system upgrades primarily for Workday Financials.
- Plan and manage small/medium complexity projects/initiatives
- Resolve issues between stated business requirements and what is technically feasible by identifying issues, evaluate alternative systems solutions with system designers and users and communicate the end result.
- Decompose large work items/stories into smaller independent components. Lead work sessions with technical team members to address questions or issues etc.
- Work with the business units to develop test plans and procedures, to validate & test the application design, define acceptance criteria with the overall project team.
- Provide production support for various Finance systems including, but not limited to researching and resolving problems with Workday, Salesforce, Zuora and other in-house systems
- Create and support a variety of reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Prepare regularly scheduled reports and ad-hoc reporting as required for the Finance Organization.
- Able to expand into Workday HCM demands, willingness to learn other Workday/non-Workday processes/systems to support the whole Back Office Org
- Follow the incident/enhancement/change management process using ServiceNow, Jira etc
Basic Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst supporting Finance organization
- Extensive business process knowledge, configuration and hands on experience (minimum of 5 years) preferably with Order to Cash (Revenue Management, Receivables, Invoicing)
- 5+ years’ hands-on Financials experience in at least one of key ERPs like Workday (preferred), Oracle, PeopleSoft, NetSuite etc.
- General knowledge and understanding of Finance processes (like Procure to Pay, Record to Report), procedures and policies in order to translate business requirements into system.
- Experience handling cross-functional projects with applications like Salesforce, banks (AR lockbox), Tax systems (like One Source, Avalara) etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- Self-motivation, proactive and willingness to learn with a strong sense of accountability and a proven track record of delivering results
- Must work well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, be able to interact in a team environment, be able to adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues to the business.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, process analysis and design, gap analysis, functional design specifications, system configuration, and development of system tests, procedures and documentation
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, IT or a related discipline
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.