Sr. Software Engineer
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Skills and Qualifications
• 5+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented design for high-volume transactional and customer-facing web applications using Java / J2EE
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD, design reviews, code reviews, TDD, unit testing, integration/system testing, monitoring, alerting, agile development practices
• Deep understanding of industry standards and industry best practices for large, sophisticated platforms and services
• Hands on experience in Spring Boot and Microservices
• Hands on experience in cloud (AWS / Azure etc)
• Experience with REST architectural patterns and experience building, exposing, consuming RESTful services
• Extensive hands-on knowledge and experience with database design and management for PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle, NoSQL
• Proven success in designing robust and scalable production systems
• Experience with security protocols and security best practices
• Extensive hands-on experience designing and implementing API’s and SDKs
• Extensive experience architecting and releasing service offerings across single or multiple cloud providers
• Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with developers, project managers, UX, QA, and the leadership team
• Deep knowledge and understanding of scrum/agile development methodologies
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.