Technical Support Engineer II- 180376
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Tier 2 Technical Support Agent acts as a technical expert and escalation point for Ellie Mae products, services, and for supporting platform technologies. The Tier 2 Technical Support works with key clients and Tier 1 Support Agents to deliver complete resolutions, in a timely manner, and consistently, to address advanced technical questions and concerns with the installation, configuration, and use of their Ellie Mae product.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Leverage technical expertise to assist clients and Tier 1 Support Agents in the use of Ellie Mae software solutions.
- Resolve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal assistance for 95% of all cases assigned.
- Drive service level attainment to departmental standards.
- Strive for timely resolution, balancing completeness of resolution and quality of service.
- Recognize and respond accordingly to systemic customer and company-impacting problems.
- Participate in the product defect/enhancement closed loop process by accurately identifying defects and enhancements, and communicating status updates to the client.
- Act as a subject matter expert to review product issue and enhancement requests for detail and feasibility before submission to product management.
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies for customer interaction.
- Maintain and promote consistent behaviors and delivery across the team.
- Manage case backlog to department standards.
- Act as a mentor to Tier 1 level agents.
- Author and drive the use of knowledge articles for internal and external users.
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all client interactions in CRM system
- Eight or more years’ experience in a customer-facing advanced technical support role.
- Demonstrated relevant subject matter expertise in one or more areas – Ellie Mae (or industry related) products and services, or client-server business systems software.
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows server platform, Microsoft SQL database, relevant web technologies, and networking.
- Proven effectiveness in a role that requires multi-tasking, leadership, and strong customer soft-skills.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently deliver solutions and resolve issues.
- Team-oriented, demonstrates a professional and cooperative attitude.
- Exhibits flexibility, can multi-task several priorities to completion, finishes ad hoc projects and requests when needed.
- A two, or four year degree in Computer Sciences, or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Exhibit high regard for teamwork and collaboration.
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on all available input; addresses root cause of issues; recognizes problems and acts accordingly.
- Communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback.
- Analytical; proactive; creative problem solver.
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers.
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities.
Ellie Mae is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.