Sr. Engineer, DBA and Data Services- 190495
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Production Database Engineer to join and contribute to the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of critical enterprise SaaS applications . You will be part of the team driving the transformation from private data centers into the cloud. You will bring strong skills to the current space and have the opportunity to adapt and drive the change needed in our database tiers to move to cloud offerings. You will embrace and drive the exciting transformation into a DevOps Database engineer adopting infrastructure as code, hands off management and deployment of our cloud enabled data platform.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintain the health and performance of all databases running in a virtual environments in private and public cloud.
- Manage connectivity, access control, high availability, replication, storage, patching and upgrades for all data systems.
- Deep performance tuning covering database internals on index, statistics, query plan optimization, locking, wait interfaces, use of DMVs for diagnostics and driving improvements,
- Develop reports for performance and capacity reviews.
- Populating test and development environments with data
- Partner with business and engineering teams to define, design, develop, test, and deploy system improvements and feature releases.
- Participating in a global oncall rotation and weekly release & maintenance windows.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with databases in high performance, multi-user web applications.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and operate in an agile environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2016, 2017).
- Proficient in applying Microsoft SQL Server capabilities to business problems.
- Proven experience in database design for performance, security and scalability.
- Proficient in writing efficient, well documented SQL and shell scripts.
- Public cloud (AWS) experience a plus.
- Strong experience working with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence in an Agile environment.
- 5+ years SQL Server administration (2008-2016).
- 5+ years experience with database and system internals and performance tuning.
- 5+ years SQL Server development covering SQL & T-SQL code.
- 5+ years experience in shell scripting (powershell, shell, Python, Perl).
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux and open source software experience highly desirable.
- Experience with MongoDB, Postgres and Redis desirable.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.