Corporate Data Analyst 190342
Marketing – Corporate Strategy
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Our Corporate Data Analyst acts as a front-line reporting and analytics resource for internal Ellie Mae staff and management. You will deliver insightful analysis based on transparent and documented sources to address our clients’ needs. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality reports. You will partner closely with various business lines including BI/IT, Product Marketing, Marketing, Strategy, and Finance.
- Drive service level attainment to departmental standards
- Participate in discover process collaborating with key partners to identify business requirements and expected outcomes.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner to a wide audience and key partners
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models. Conduct advanced data analysis and construct complex business models.
- Apply advanced statistical, predictive and other modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on analytical models and existing reports/dashboards.
- Define business-specific performance metrics to measure model effectiveness. Monitor and improve metrics over time for models used in production environment.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data mining, statistical analysis, and report generation.
- Demonstrated competency in Windows server platform, Microsoft SQL database, relevant web technologies, and networking
- Proven effectiveness in a role that requires multi-tasking and strong customer soft-skills
- Demonstrable ability to confidently deliver solutions and resolve issues
- Collaborative, demonstrates a professional and cooperative attitude
- Exhibits flexibility, can multi-task several priorities to completion, finishes ad hoc projects and requests when needed
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- User level experience with MS SQL or Oracle DB
- SQL familiarity, basic troubleshooting of DB exceptions, SQL queries, etc
- Ability to interpret scripting languages such as VB
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on all available input; addresses root cause of issues; recognizes problems and acts accordingly
- Communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback
- Analytical; proactive; creative problem solver
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.