Sr. Engineer, DBA and Data Services 190191
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Are you someone who appreciates how technology can be applied to tackle complex problems?
Are you intellectually curious and a passionate learner who loves sharing knowledge with others?
Are you comfortable working in an agile environment?
Do you have the ability to think critically, be a problem solver, be self-motivated and provide recommendations for continual improvement?
Our Data Services team has an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Production Database Engineer with proven background working on critical enterprise SaaS applications.
What we do:
You will help design secure, scalable and high performing databases. You will be part of the team driving the transformation from private data centers into the AWS cloud. Bring your skills to the current space and have the opportunity to adapt and propel the change needed in our database tiers to move to cloud offerings. Be a driving strength in our exciting transformation to DevOps Database engineering; adopting infrastructure as code, hands off management and deployment of our cloud enabled data platform.
- Maintain the health and performance of all databases running in a virtual environments in private and public cloud.
- Handle connectivity, access control, high availability, replication, storage, patching and upgrades for all data systems.
- Deep performance tuning covering database internals on index, statistics, query plan optimization, locking, wait interfaces, use of DMVs for diagnostics and driving improvements,
- Develop reports for performance and capacity reviews.
- Populating test and development environments with data
- Partner with business and engineering teams to define, design, develop, test, and deploy system improvements and feature releases.
- Participating in a global on call rotation and weekly release & maintenance windows.
What are we looking for? (Qualifications)
- We need you to have 5+ years experience with
- SQL Server administration (2008-2016)
- Database and system internals and performance tuning
- SQL Server development covering SQL & T-SQL code
- Scripting in PowerShell, shell, Python or Perl.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
As well as:
- Experience with databases in high performance, multi-user web applications.
- Focus, passion and dedication to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- Ability to collaborate and operate in an Agile environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2016, 2017) and applying capabilities to business problems.
- Proven experience in database design for performance, security and scalability.
- Proficient in writing efficient, well documented SQL and shell scripts.
- Strong experience working with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
Extra credit if you have:
- Experience with Linux and open source software.
- Experience with MongoDB, Postgres and Redis
- Public cloud (AWS) experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.