Physical Security Operations Center Operator 190235
G&A – Administration
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Physical Security Operations Center Operator, under guidance of the Safety Manager, is responsible for assisting Ellie Mae personnel in all concerns that pertain to safety and security for corporate locations around North America. The individual will work in a Safety Center environment, monitoring several screens.
The successful candidate will use a variety of tools that range from access control and alarm monitoring systems to various business intelligence sources, open source media, Internet and in-house tools.
Candidate is required to detect, analyze, and alert others of any incidents, which may impact the client’s people, products, property, or brand image. These may range from extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, to technical failures.
In this role, candidate will:
- Assist Ellie Mae employees in all concerns that pertain to safety and security
- Conduct ongoing review of multiple systems and sources to detect potential risks
- Monitor travel safety and security of Ellie Mae employees
- Investigate alarms and responding by sending patrol, or alerting Fire services or Police as needed
- Notify and coordinating corporate response by distribution of advisories and other communications
- Compile daily reports and incident reports
- Follow procedures for managing a variety of incidents, from minor incidents handled at the local level to global crises
- Provide back-up, support, and on-call function as needed
- Gather and prepare reports on individual and team performance metrics
- Patrol assigned post on foot to maintain visibility and observe possible unusual activity
- Investigate and report maintenance and safety conditions which might endanger employees or public safety
- Maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition
- Investigate security related accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims; responsible for gathering physical evidence and preserving it for future use; complete report and follow up with management as needed
- Investigate and report fires, evacuations, hazardous situations/other facility related events, and provide back up
- Responsibilities include crowd control and assisting Fire Department/EMS or other officials during these processes; maintain control at traffic accidents, assist victims, and investigate causes
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees on company property have proper company issued identification
- Ensure that employees and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional work environment
- Uniform attire and grooming standards must be maintained at all times while in uniform
- Perform other related duties as required
- Have an associate degree or 2+ years of equivalent work experience in Military, Law Enforcement, Government, Corporate Security
- Have prior experience in a security operations center or similar
- Have experience with security systems, including alarm monitoring, electronic access control, and CCTV
- Active Guard Card with BSIS
- Have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and in-depth knowledge of database management and internet search; proficiency in PC OS highly preferred
- Have excellent time management, verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Possess demonstrated experience in the areas of people and conflict management with tact and discretion
- Be flexible and possess the ability to function in stressful situations
- Be a dependable team player with business maturity and enthusiasm
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.