Tech Team Lead - Java
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Tech Team Lead is responsible for managing and mentoring the development team working on the products. This includes establishing and enforcing development processes/procedures and guiding best practices. You will be leading a dynamic development team and collaborating with other teams, developers, management and customer support. You will participate in designing and developing services utilized across product lines. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments.
The ideal candidate for this role is a software engineer with strong technical knowledge and experience in building modern, scalable applications in a micro-services architecture with good communication, mentoring, and leadership skills.
This role covers 60% hands-on, 30% lead and 10% managerial duties.
- Lead/Manage a team of developers on both new feature development and issue fixing. Coach direct staff towards career goals, assign tasks, and monitor performance.
- Engage hands-on in technical design discussions and advise/unblock developers when they hit roadblocks.
- Guide technical strategy with consideration for the latest trends and technologies.
- Ensure high-quality code via design reviews, code reviews, and proper unit test coverage.
- Work closely together with the team leads from Product, QA, UX, PM and technical publications using Agile methodology. This includes participating in release planning and regular sprint planning, grooming, demos, retrospectives, UE reviews, and scrum.
- Work closely with other teams that support product dependencies.
- Report status on project deliverables to upper management and mitigate risks as they arise.
- Expertly able to analyze the needs and requirements of existing and proposed solutions. Develop technical specifications.
- Responsible for highly sensitive or critical problem determination. Able to diagnose complex developmental & operational problems and develop a change management process. Able to recommend upgrades & improvements at a component level.
- Identifies both benefits and detriments for proposed solutions. Maintain a broad experienced-based understanding of business and impact of industry trends.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.