Systems Support Engineer #201776
United States /
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Premier Support Engineer or PSE is responsible for the successful execution of the Enterprise Technical Support program. Deliverables may vary based on customer need and the specific service to which the PSE is deployed to engage in. The PSE will balance priorities, develop tactical and strategic action plans, and meet the commitments of the program and those which exist with the customer. Troubleshoot and diagnose highly complex requests from Customers as it relates to the Ellie Mae Velocify platform and associated Services. The PSE will have or develop a deep understanding of the Velocify family of products and features. This function is proactive in nature; sharing knowledge to ensure customers are up to date on known issues, new features and product release changes, patches etc so, customers can plan accordingly. PSEs will meet, coordinate and lead tasks across virtual teams and cross-functionally to appropriately address customer issues/questions as a function of their engagement with the customer. The PSE must bring a high level of confidence to the customer by addressing customer concerns holistically and proactively. This function is designed to deliver a higher level of partnership with the customer and not a traditional transactional technical support role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive technical resolution of complex product issues, including: escalation, system testing, strategy sessions with the customer when required and distribution of knowledge throughout the company
- Acquire and maintain deep product knowledge and third party software in order to provide accurate assistance and training to customers
- Act as an advisor for advanced Ellie Mae product features
- Participate in special projects that enhances the quality or efficiency of the Enterprise Technical Support Team
- Gather baseline metrics and work with client to calculate and demonstrate value of the Ellie Mae product to gain efficiencies
- Own customer service requests and act as a service delivery expert and escalation manager as needed on engagements
- Partner with Enterprise Technical Support and Product Management to develop successful strategies for new features and plans to maintain & improve product design and quality of the Ellie Mae products and services
- Educate Customers on the value of the overall solution and encourage optimal utilization
- Facilitate relationships across various teams, partners, and/or departments to strengthen partnership with customers
- Provide best practices and industry benchmarking using reports database
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- 10+ years direct experience supporting and/or providing technical advisory/account management to strategic customers
- 2 - 4+ years Salesforce administration experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce APEX programming language
- Understanding of SQL Database design and structure
- Experience with cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate lasting customer relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, support, sales, and marketing experts
- Strong Data Analytics capabilities
- Excellent organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Willingness to assist wherever needed; team player who will work within the company to continue improving the way Ellie Mae serves its Customers
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Available afterhours as needed
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, or related field is a plus
- Previous working knowledge of the Mortgage Industry experience a plus
- Experience with lead management software and business strategies is a plus
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.