Staff Program Manager, Engineering 202392
Technology & Operations – Planning & Business Operations /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Staff Program Manager, is a critical position in Ellie Mae’s Engineering Program Management organization and will lead the cross-functional execution of complex strategic initiatives across a variety of products. This role requires an individual that possess a strong program management background, the ability to easily navigate within ambiguous situations and lead with senior executives with a strong understand of SaaS technologies. The scope of this area includes Product Development Program Management, Product Planning, Engineering Metrics/Reporting and Product Development Programs.
- Lead and drive strategic initiatives working with cross functional organizations. Manage program risk and device short term and long-term mitigation plans. Oversee change control, program execution, and establish communication standards on overall initiative health to executive and senior management cross-functional stakeholders across both technology and business organizations
- Drive continuous improvement of the overall productization and implementation processes across the enterprise that will result in measurable quality, predictability and efficiency improvements
- Drive the planning processes for multiple product areas and manage company resources to develop achievable quarterly and monthly product development plans
- Lead teams to identify and establish metrics and tools to achieve predictability and high quality of software in a fast paced, challenging and creative environment
- Ensure that development activities adhere to established operational procedures and standards
- Lead special high-profile projects as needed
- Mentor less experienced staff as needed.
Program Management Experience
- 10+ years working in developing complex software in a matrix organization
- 10+ years Program Management, ideally in an Agile or SaaS environment during times of exponential growth
- Solid understanding of product complexities. ( Mortgage industry experience is a plus).
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to apply risk management and mitigation and mitigation strategies
Other Skills & Experience
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Inspires teams to attain goals and excellence
- Strong analytical skills, leveraging product development and program management best practices.
- Excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships; effectively work within all levels of the organization, from developers to members of the Executive team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including active listening, persuasion, and managing change
- Solid influencing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally, and influence policy.
- Track record identifying areas for improvement and develop new processes, leveraging methodologies to ensure consistency with the organization
- Able to manage competing priorities and work autonomously
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- CSM required, PMP certification a plus
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in technical field, MBA a plus
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.