Sr. Engineer, Software- 190403
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer with proven background in product development. As a key member of the platform service engineering team, you will be working in a dynamic development team while collaborating with other developers, management and customer support teams. You will have an opportunity to participate in designing and developing services utilized across product lines. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.
Why should you join our team?
- A Go-getter who does not fear working on any technology.
- You breathe APIs and Services and have worked on building micro services in the past.
- You take pride in code quality and automate everything possible.
- A phenomenal teammate and believe that as a team we achieve more.
- Detail oriented and strive hard to clarify requirements before coding.
- A phenomenal communicator and do not fear collaborating with cross-team developers, Business Analysts, Product Management, QA, DevOps.
- A believer in delivering good quality code.
- Determined to make your mark in the organization.
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications.
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development standard methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development working on enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Understanding of HTTP/S and Windows/Web-based application architecture
- Object-oriented design and development experience with languages such as C# or Java
- Proven experience in .NET technologies (eg., Windows Forms, WCF, WebAPI, MVC), or J2EE (eg. JSP/JSF, JavaBeans)
- Experience working with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and/or NoSQL; experienced with MongoDB is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Strong analytical thinking to tackle challenging engineering problems.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- SaaS/Cloud experience (design and operational)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experienced in performance tuning or optimizing code
- Workflow engine experience
- ORM (eg., Hibernate/nHibernate) experience
- Knowledge of Web services and SoA, including SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.