Tax Manager- 190246
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Tax Manager/Senior Tax Analyst will support all activities related to income tax accounting, reporting, controls and compliance.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist with U.S. federal, state and local income tax compliance including preparation of detail compliance work-paper, book to tax adjustments, and quarterly estimated tax computations
- Assist with interim and annual tax provision in accordance to ASC 740 principles including deferred tax assets, accounting for stock-based compensation and FIN 48
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations
- Perform tax research and analysis of technical tax issues
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley internal control documentation and testing activities for tax accounting and reporting
- Assist with R&D credit study
- Assist with sales/use and property tax compliance and tax audits
- Assist with the analysis, documentation and implementation of special tax projects
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or processes to improve tax function Education and Experience
Basic skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required. MST is a plus
- 7 plus years of corporate tax experience with Big 4 firm and/or corporate tax department in high-tech industry; software/SaaS experience preferred
- Willingness to learn and support various tax functions
- Ability to work with Excel and various tax software tools including tax compliance and tax research software (e.g. OneSource, RIA Checkpoint) to create efficiencies
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of an organization
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.