Software Engineer II- 190508
Technology & Operations – Product Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Software Engineering job family analyzes, designs, develops, and tests software applications for features, modules, software enhancements and new products, using specifications and prototypes based on competitive market, customer requirements, business functionality and identifies tools, processes and technologies for problem resolution.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications.
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development best practices.
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
Qualifications, Skills & Education
- 3-5 years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Understanding of HTTP/S and Windows/Web-based application architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Solid experience in .NET technologies (eg., Windows Forms, WCF, WebAPI, MVC), or J2EE (eg. JSP/JSF, JavaBeans)
- Experience of Web services and SoA, including SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
- Strong in database concepts and solid experience in databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and/or NoSQL;
- Strong Transact SQL (T-SQL) programming and design skills.
- Solid experience in working with large volumes of data within a SQL Server environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SaaS/Cloud experience (design and operational)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with performance tuning or optimizing code (back-end/front-end)
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.