Sr. Engineer 190754
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Sr Engineer, Software analyzes, designs, develops, and tests software applications for features, modules, software enhancements and new products, using specifications and prototypes based on competitive market, customer requirements, business functionality and identifies tools, processes and technologies for problem resolution.
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications
- Use state-of-the-art technologies and best practices to deliver your implementation
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve high quality, predictable results
- 5-8 years of professional experience in software development
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including REST/JSON and MicroService patterns
- Solid experience in Java Platform frameworks and technologies (Spring, Jersey, etc) or .Net technologies (WCF, WebAPI, MVC, etc.)
- Experienced with database concepts and databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, or NoSQL databases
- Experienced with working in DevOps environment – “you build it, you run it”
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Identity and Access Management, Document Management, or other enabling enterprise technology components
- Experience with Open Source products and components, including public contribution
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.