Technical Consultant 201692
Field - US /
Professional Services – Professional Services /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae AIQ transforms the speed and economics of the mortgage production process. Ellie Mae AIQ gives mortgage originators, servicers, and correspondents a disruptive advantage by making it possible to deliver mortgages at the highest velocity and at a new cost structure with the utmost document and data integrity.
The Technical Consultant is a member of the Ellie Mae Professional Services organization providing world-class implementation and consulting solutions alongside a team of mortgage industry veterans, product SMEs, and process experts that are focused on customer success. The Technical Consultant acts as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical consulting around use and integration of critical document and document functionality and APIs Ellie Mae AIQ software and services.
Ideal candidate is a software developer experienced with web and/or desktop application development and hands-on experience with languages such as Java, C#, Soap and RESTful API, and SQL are desired. We are seeking a team player with software developer's mindset that takes joy in working with customers to realize value while adapting easily to new technologies. An ideal candidate would have prior experience, but not required, with the mortgage industry. Qualified candidates will have every opportunity to develop their skills and benefit from experienced mentorship while gaining real-world experience with large national mortgage lenders and banks.
- Project delivery responsibilities and activities include:
- Participate in the design phase of the project to expertly research and document customers’ technical business needs related to document/data integration flow, system design, and business process change
- Create and/or modify technical processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies to help solve technical aspects of customer business process issues
- Synthesize business requirements to create clear and comprehensive solution design documentation for business and technical teams
- Conduct configuration and development of solution
- Facilitate setup of necessary architecture to support solution across Product, Dev Ops, and Engineering
- Perform unit and functional testing of solution prior to delivering to customer
- Troubleshoot and solve customer testing and production issues prior to deployment
- Proficient communication and presentation skills (written, verbal, as well as visually through diagrams)
- Articulate to customer stakeholders the value of recommended solution and approach
- Work closely with customer engineers tasked with building integrations to Ellie Mae AIQ
- Conduct developer API workshops for prospects and customers to development knowledge to
- Influence customers, business partners, and service providers regarding benefits of recommended solution path
Job Requirements - Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or academic equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in software integration and implementations
- 6+ years of experience in technical consulting in business to business enterprise software and/or mortgage industry
- Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- HTML, XML
- Familiarity with LOS technologies commonly used in the mortgage industry, such as Encompass, BytePro, LoanCenter, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience in defining and articulating system requirements, writing requirements documentation, business modeling, and process analysis to identify process improvements
- Expert in performing gap analysis, with a focus on identifying creative solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience using cloud-based project and task tools such as Salesforce.com, Jira, Smartsheet, and LucidChart
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction with internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Demonstrated ability to get things done, meet deadlines
- Initiative and strong sense of ownership
- The ideal candidate must exhibit leadership qualities: intellectual curiosity, self-confidence, domain expertise, strong customer focus, enthusiasm for our product, and confidence in our vision when communicating with prospects and customers
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.