Staff Software Engineer-Platform 190473
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong Software Engineer with solid background in Software Engineering product development. As a key member of the platform engineering team, you will be working in a fast-paced development team while collaborating with other developers, management and customer support teams. You will have an opportunity to participate in designing and developing both existing products and building brand new products from scratch. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and postproduction ownership.
Why should you join our team?
You are a fast learner who does not fear working on any technology.
You breathe APIs and Services and have worked on building micro services in the past.
You take pride in code quality and automate everything possible.
You are a team player and believe that as a team we achieve more.
You are detail oriented and strive hard to clarify requirements before coding.
You are a great communicator and do not fear collaborating with cross-team developers, Business Analysists, Product Management, QA, DevOps.
You are a believer in delivering good quality code.
You are determined to make your mark in the organization.
- Design and build scalable services and applications and optimize code for optimal performance.
- Contribute to architecture, design and implementation of next generation mortgage platform.
- Provide technical leadership for Platform Services team. Create technical specifications for new API’s, executing from start to finish and owning the quality of the service in production.
- Maintain and extend our environment, including our core .NET codebase and MongoDB backends and write meaningful API’s that are both scalable and performance focused.
- Maintain developer documentation for the new API’s that will encourage adoption among our consumers.
- 12+ years direct experience with modern web stacks, design, development and deployment of high volume web applications and APIs.
- Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database design and management- MongoDB preferred.
- Expertise with object-oriented languages such as C#.net and Java.
- Excellent understanding of concepts and fundamentals of computer science including multi-threading, memory management and web services.
- History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems.
- Experience in building services(REST and SOAP) with high focus on performance.
- Familiarity with microservices and knowledge of modern cloud services (AWS).
- Practical perspective on software engineering discipline, focus on learning and delivering, and passion for high quality.
- Proficiency with Agile development.
- “You build it – You own it” mentality is a must. Sense of ownership is paramount to achieving success.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- Be focused, passionate and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and introduce them as needed.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience. Masters degree is preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.