QA Analyst II- 201451
Pleasanton, CA /
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The end to end team consists of users with deep mortgage domain expertise and/or in-depth knowledge of a number of Ellie Mae systems. We are looking for a passionate, creative and confident person to act as a champion to develop realistic user test cases and data based on the latest mortgage industry trends. In this role you will work with multiple teams to test system to system dependencies may or may not be known. You will be expected to work with Product, BA’s, QA & employees working in field support roles.
Summary of Responsibilities
- End 2 End Team Covers system to system integration testing Ellie Mae’s new Connect Systems and their integration dependencies on Encompass and other systems. Testing is not constrained to documented requirement and is based on experience of the classic systems and its settings also realistic mortgage workflows that may not be detailed in Sprint AC’s.
- Design Complex Integration Test Cases that exercise: Encompass business rules, Other Settings such as Loan Templates, Realistic User Roles and Personas, Variations of loan products, programs & transaction types using realistic data, Realistic workflow patterns to exercise a variety of loan disposition types, Life of a loan testing; ordering all required services, bringing loan downstream through closing & funding
- Test Execution includes not only executing documented test cases but conducting complex analysis when blocked to debug both test environments and code. The QA Analyst is expected to use this analysis to drive resolution and lead War Rooms to bring blockers to resolution if needed.
- Defect Management: Responsible for documenting detailed system defects, presenting them in project triage meetings and follow up on them on a weekly basis to bring them to resolution.
- Environment Management: Responsible for staying up to date on the latest environment changes and monitoring various chat rooms to watch for system outages
- Prepares Documentation and Support for Field Support Test Events: Provide test guides, hands on support during the event and assistance triaging defects.
- Provide training to the Sprint QA Teams on system or domain logic when needed
- Work primarily under the direction of a Sr QA Manager
- Be flexible to work on different projects based on the project and company needs
- May require overtime or off-peak hours to meet commitments
Basic skills and qualifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 2+ Years’ experience as a Manual Tester
- 5+ Years' experience working in the Mortgage domain preferable on a Loan Origination system, experience with Ellie Mae's Encompass Mortgage system a strong plus.
- Experience with Visual Basic a strong plus
- Advanced knowledge of Mortgage LOS data from initial loan boarding through funding and shipping into the secondary market with the ability to independently structure valid loan data scenarios.
- Familiar with automation test tools such as Selenium with Java, TestNG for web based application, HP UFT,
- Understands various test levels such as unit testing, integration testing, functional, regression and end to end system testing.
- Understands database concepts such as SQL Server, Oracle, or NoSQL, DB2, My SQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Spoken and written English skills with an ability to communicate ideas, problems and solutions effectively
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.