Sr. Fullstack SW Engineer- 190084
El Segundo, CA
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong Software Engineer with solid background in Software Engineering product development. As a member of the engineering team, you will be working in a fast-paced development team while collaborating with other developers, QA, product, management and customer support teams. You will have the opportunity to participate in designing and developing both existing products and new products. While working on these projects you will be responsible for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and postproduction ownership.
Why should you join our team?
- You are a fast learner, motivated by working in different technologies
- You breathe services and have experience building microservices
- You take pride in code quality and automate everything possible
- You are a team player and believe that as a team we achieve more
- You are detail oriented and work closely with the team to identify and clarify product requirements
- You are a great communicator who is comfortable collaborating with other Developers, Business Analysists, Product Management, QA, DevOps
- You push yourself and the team to deliver high quality code
- You are determined to make your mark in the organization
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Design and build scalable services and applications optimized for the best customer experience possible
- Contribute to architecture, design and implementation of our next generation cloud services
- Provide technical leadership, create technical specifications for new microservices and API’s
- Take ownership of the quality of the service from coding all the way to production
- Maintain and extend our services, focused on delivering results
- Maintain developer documentation for the new API’s to encourage adoption and best practices
- 8+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented design for high-volume transactional and customer-facing web applications using Java, C#, .NET or similar
- Hands on experience with CI/CD, design reviews, code reviews, TDD, unit testing, integration/system testing, monitoring, alerting, agile development practices
- Full stack experience, knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in an SOA environment
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and industry best practices for a large, complex platforms and services
- Experience with REST architectural patterns and experience building, exposing, consuming RESTful services
- Extensive hands on knowledge and experience with database design and management for SQL, Oracle, NoSQL
- Strong T-SQL design and programming skills
- Extensive, hands on experience in .NET technologies
- Proven success designing robust and scalable production systems
- Experience with security protocols and security best practices
- Extensive hands on experience designing and implementing API’s and SDKs
- Extensive experience architecting and releasing service offerings across single or multiple cloud providers
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with developers, project managers, UX, QA and the leadership team
- Deep knowledge and understanding of scrum/agile development methodologies
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.