Billing and AR Manager 201248
Pleasanton, CA /
G&A – Accounting /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assist in Accounts Receivables processing and month-end responsibilities
- Responsible for various general ledger accounts and account reconciliations for month-end close processes
- Compiling, analyzing, and providing analytics for reporting financial information to management
- Respond to customers’, partners’ and sales’ questions, resolving problems and reconciling discrepancies in order to expedite collections
- Identify opportunities to enhance, improve, and implement procedures of the Billing Team to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Review the credit memo and identify ways to reduce billing errors and invoice adjustments
- Review billing checklists and amended contracts to ensure contract terms are properly executed
- Review sales opportunities and legal cases to ensure that proposed special terms are billable
- Accountable for the successful day-to-day operations of the Billing Team ensuring billing accuracy adherence to policies and procedures
- Address escalations of exceptions and discrepancies identified by the Billing Specialist.
- Prepare periodic management reporting of billing transactions and Billing Team activities/volumes
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for internal controls around the Order to Cash cycle and participate in SOX testing as needed
- Establish and maintain sales tax codes used to apply appropriate tax rates to billing transactions using Avalara
- Prepare and/or review documentation for quarterly/annual audit requests
- Staff development and accountability
- Performs special projects upon request from all levels of management
- 6-8 years of progressive experience in billing including 2-4 years as a manager
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Business) or equivalent
- Related experience in the software industry is preferred
- Ability to work independently performing a variety of tasks under general supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Motivated and self-starter who takes responsibility for team performance
- Must have outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail
- Workday, or large ERP system, and SalesForce experience required
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.