Director, Financial Planning & Analysis- 190323
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Reporting to the VP, Finance the Director, Finance Product & Technology will work cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, uses keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking to craft holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while fostering Ellie Mae’s long range goals.
Summary of responsibilities
- Be the primary owner, working closely with the VP, Finance, to establish and implement analytic framework (model) and business case template to evaluate, approve and monitor technology spend and product development projects
- Create governance structure and process to ensure approval and timely progress of product and technology investment
- Provide technical financial leadership in planning, directing, and integrating all aspects of budgeting, reporting, and analyzing activities for the Product, Technology, and R&D groups
- Build and maintain product line P&Ls for both historical and future periods by designing and implementing an allocation framework
- Provide financial guidance and operational analysis to assigned functions
- Support leadership team in the preparation of budgets, operating plans, investment strategies, and manpower planning
- Establish and maintain systems for analyzing and reporting operating results to functional and corporate management teams
- Lead & consolidate Ellie Mae Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, including completing the necessary analysis, templates, and reports + drafting the presentation
- Build and maintain product line P&Ls for both historical and future periods by designing and implementing an allocation framework.
- Lead Strategic Plan (Strat Plan) financial scenario modeling and overall financial / key metric projections
- Recommend performance targets for AOP, and ensure that plans are in place to deliver on agreed targets
- Provide finance leadership and expertise to high impact cross functional projects.
- Direct the resolution to complex or unusual business challenges
- Identify opportunities and drive projects to improve business processes and business support
- Lead, motivate and develop talent within the organization including, but not limited to, immediate direct reports by coaching, counselling, engaging, and evaluating team performance
- Maintain a leadership role in a variety of business initiatives supporting simplification, FP&A metric conformance, business growth or productivity
- Leverage the Workday HR & Financials system to automate and scale current processes
Basic skills and qualifications
- Minimum 5-year in technology industry with solid experience in product development cycle, new product introduction, and significant growth investment portfolio
- Strong strategic business acumen, change management and continuous improvement champion
- Experience in FP&A, management consulting, M&A or investment banking and ability to manage complex financial models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence through creating fellowship
- Exceptional team leadership skills and ability to develop, engage, and evaluate team members
- Bachelor degree in finance or business with 10+ years’ experience, MBA preferred
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.