Sr. QA Engineer- 190483
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our Encompass Investor Connect team. Investor Connect is one of Ellie Mae’s Next Gen Products and is about building and automating the Lender to Investor mortgage delivery workflow. In this Sr. QA Engineer role, you will be working in a dynamic and fast paced environment while collaborating with development, Product and cross-functional, end-to-end and performance teams for successful testing and test automation of this product. You will be responsible for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, design, testing, documentation, deployment, automation and owning Quality.
- Develop test approaches, detailed test plans and test cases.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain both manual and automated test scripts.
- Be an active participant in grooming, planning, daily standups and retrospective meetings.
- Participate in designing product features with the ability to view the product from a customer perspective.
- Collaborate with Product management, development and cross functional teams involved in product delivery.
- Perform API level, functional and E2E integration tests.
- Lead test automation and implement scalable test automation framework.
- Enhance and extend test automation libraries and frameworks
- Mentor junior test Engineers on automation framework, processes and tools.
- Review and triage test failures and verify fixes.
- Work with team to analyze code coverage using industry standard tools
- Work with minimum of technical supervision
- Improve existing processes & practices, identify new opportunities, build testing tools for ensuring high quality.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced Agile environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent domain
- 6+ years of experience in Software Development or Quality Engineering
- Excellent Analytical Skills
- Ability to analyze requirements, develop a test plan strategy, create and execute test cases, track defects and report results
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages: Java, C#/C++
- Expert in test automation and working experience with Selenium+TestNG, UFT/QTP
- Experience in API testing techniques and tools: Postman, REST-Assured, SoapUI
- Strong skills in relational and non-relational databases: PostgreSQL/MSSQL, MongoDB or similar
- Self-motivated, able to learn and research issues independently
- Ability to innovate and simplify
- Mortgage Industry Experience is a big plus
- Experience with AWS
- Exposure to Security and Performance testing
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.