Sr. QA Engineer- 200111
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who will be responsible for the development, delivery and execution of code used to perform automated smoke and regression tests on a Loan Origination System and other mortgage systems.
- Develop complex data driven, manage automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments to support development, test and build deployment teams
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Actively participating in all key architectural discussions related to design and implementation of software requirements to ensure Quality check from requirements phase itself.
- Review and triage all Defects with Product Owner, Business Analyst and Dev and plan for in future releases
- Works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software
- Demonstrated track record of design and setup of large complex API web service automation framework.
- Must have in depth knowledge in automating AWS, API, RESTful web service testing using JAVA (not with Tools).
- Must have experience with Amazon AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, Kibana, Splunk, DynamoDB etc).
- Must have in depth knowledge in using TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or similar disciplines with emphasis on software automation.
- In-depth experience with agile testing methodology
- Have an understanding of database in SQL and Mongo.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills to address complex technical problems
- Team player with strong communications skill
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.