Sr. Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Sr. Manager, Technical Support acts as a leader, coach, and supervisor of a team of technical support professionals. As a leader, the Sr. Manager will collaborate, identify and own opportunities to apply efforts toward the continuous improvement of efficiency and delivery of the support experience to Ellie Mae’s clients. As a coach, the Sr. Manager is responsible for driving the development of their team - as a team, and individually, to ensure effectiveness and job satisfaction. As the supervisor of their team, the Sr. Manger is accountable for ongoing performance and service delivery against the objectives and goals of the business and department. As part of their guiding philosophy, the Sr. Manager should drive competitive advantage through improving operational efficiency, empowerment of their staff, effectiveness of service delivery, and customer satisfaction and retention.
- Manage to business processes, which, when implemented, will lead to exceptional performance.
- Manage to a set consistent service delivery key performance indicators as required by functional role.
- Create a cooperative environment where full understanding of the performance and enablers of "best in class" Technical Support team are fully understood across all team members.
- Select and recruit team members with high potential in service delivery.
- Manage timely departmental workflow and productivity, as well as enhance agent experience and knowledge.
- Develop tactical proposals for the department to support company initiatives.
- Identify and implement procedures and training tools for the agents on troubleshooting, customer service skills and handling severity issues.
- Develop Technical Support staff through effective hiring, coaching, evaluative performance feedback and guidance.
- Provide leadership and training for all associates in a professional and positive manner to promote corporate goals and achieve department objectives.
- Administer staff effectively to balance individual, team, departmental, and organizational goals and obligations.
- 8+ years minimum experience in a customer-facing technical support, or equivalent roles.
- Technical Savvy: Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn diverse, job-appropriate technologies and technical skills. Capacity to understand technical concepts, processes, procedures, and tools. Strong working knowledge of operational best-practices which govern delivery of technical support.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals. Consistently demonstrates good judgement; Considers relevant factors; Applies good practices and methodology to decision making. Possesses and understanding of, or can demonstrate the capacity for functional understanding of the concepts of case and problem management.
- Drives Results: Is able to consistently demonstrate achievement of results toward goals and objectives. Persistent; Empowered; Promotes and appropriately encourages others to meet/exceed goals. Capable of managing and driving teams cross-functionally toward tactical goals, including the engagement in, and leadership toward Major Incident Management.
- Manages Complexity: Possesses the capability, capacity, and patience to collect and consider complex, large quantities, and/or potentially contradictory information in the process of triage, problem analysis, and resolution. Critical thinking; Problem solving. Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience-appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one. Excellent written and verbal communication
- Plans and Aligns: Successfully applies effort toward the planning and prioritization of work efforts necessary to support and satisfy commitments aligned with organizational goals. Objective oriented; Develops initiatives and actions to support objectives; Anticipates and adjusts; Plans for contingencies. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Drives Engagement: Actively works to motivate and create a climate of high-engagement and orientation toward achievement of objectives and goals. Empowers; Invites input; Fosters visibility and ownership. Ability to lead, train and motivate staff at all levels and cross-functionally.
- Action Oriented: Seeks new opportunities and challenges with urgency, energy, and enthusiasm. Can-do attitude; Steps-up to challenges; Bias for action. Ability to set goals and meet deadlines at the initiative, project and task level. Ability to delegate appropriately and monitor/measure effectiveness.
- Customer Focus: Exhibits a sense of dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer. Actions are considerate of customer need and perception; Builds and maintains functional and appropriate relationships; Gains trust and garners the respect of the customer. Excellent customer service and crisis management skills.
- Collaborates: Partners and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives. Cooperative; Fair; Trustworthy. Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Strategic Mindset: Possesses the ability to rationalize future possibilities and translate into actionable and breakthrough strategies. Anticipates trends; Develops future/forward-thinking scenarios.
- Resilient: Capable of handling setbacks, adversity, and crises effectively and with poise. Maintains positive attitude; Handles pressure; Finds growth in adversity.
- Thought Leader: Recognized as an authority or expert in their field whose opinions are informed and trusted. Innovative; Inspiring; Passionate.
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient.
- Nimble Learning: Willingly and actively learns through experimentation and problem solving. Curious; Learns concepts quickly; Seeks knowledge.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.