Associate Product Manager
Product Management – Product Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
At Ellie Mae, the Associate Product Manager plays a critical role in the software development lifecycle. From a product management perspective, they are the primary owner of the software development process and business feature outcomes. The Associate Product Manager is accountable for ensuring the agile development teams understand what needs to be built and why. The Associate Product Manager is responsible for ensuring a successful sprint/release outcome by their assigned sprint team(s). As a result, they have a process focus but the successful Associate Product Manager strives to ensure feature and function clarity.
Associate Product Managers lead the analysis, documentation and management of business requirements throughout the project lifecycle and ensure that requirements will meet the objectives of the business and are fully understood by the technical and UX team before solutions are designed and implemented
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, UX designers, QA analysts and internal/external customers.
- Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents business requirements, epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
- Participate in scrum teams to answer team questions, ensure requirements are understood and assist in providing additional documentation to ensure successful execution.
- Manages requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
- Drives and assists with product backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Collaborates closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Establishes and maintains agreements between team members on requirements.
- Participates in Agile cadence such as Scrum standup meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review and retrospective meetings.
- Ensures that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support Sales, Client Management and Technical Support with escalations.
- Assist Technical Publications with the generation of client support documents
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
Skills and Experiences
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile development processes. Preference for extensive agile experience and some waterfall experience
- Proven experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, design documentation, process flows and wireframes in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements.
- Strong business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce clearly articulated requirements and documents.
- Strong understanding of iterative software development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers.
- Attention to details to include ability to follow written and verbal directions and error free written communication
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication at the same time
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mortgage Experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required, Master’s Degree desirable
- 2+ years of relevant software industry experience required
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.