Sr. Buyer – Indirect Procurement 190870
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for an individual contributor in a Sr. Buyer role who:
- Has a passion for the challenge of indirect procurement, and seeks solutions to evolving conditions.
- Is analytical, detail oriented, and organized with the ability to consistently multitask.
- Is able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting.
- Has excellent written, and verbal communication skills when collaborating internally and externally.
Summary of Responsibilities
- This role is responsible for indirect procurement activities within various technology categories such as software, hardware and support/maintenance.
- Prepare quote requests, RFP/RFI documents and requirements/specifications by partnering with internal customers.
- Collaborate with internal customers on day-to-day tasks associated with purchase order management.
- Consult with internal customers to determine technology needs, specifications and areas of standardization when requested.
- Leverage your procurement experience to partner with Finance, Legal and Internal Customers to ensure a consistent procurement process.
- Participate in new IT projects to support the procurement team as required.
- Monitor assigned vendor contracts for performance, and advance administration of renewals.
- Assist the manager with other duties, and special projects as requested.
Skills & Qualifications
- 7-years of indirect procurement proficiency, and contract management experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of IT products/platforms including storage, desktops, servers, network, and software, including routine knowledge of these supply markets.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and maintain networks across the organization.
- Ability to multitask, and to prioritize multiple projects within cost savings, and timing objectives.
- Expense contract review and analysis experience to mitigate risk to the business in the areas of software licensing, renewals, and maintenance.
- BS degree in business, supply chain, procurement, finance or management
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.