Director, Learning & Development 190355
G&A – Human Resources
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Director of Learning & Organization Development will lead the design and implementation of high-impact and sustainable learning, talent, and organizational development programs that span the employee lifecycle in support of Ellie Mae’s strategic goals and objectives. Reporting to the EVP of Human Resources, the ideal candidate will cultivate strong, collaborative relationships with HR and its clients, identify opportunities for enhancing organizational effectiveness, and provide systemic and straight forward approaches with measurable impact to addressing business needs.
Core Skills and Experience
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in converting organizational development and effectiveness theory into practical and scalable solutions across multiple levels of a large enterprise.
- Significant experience in leading teams and vendors in the program design and implementation of end to end talent management and team development solutions that include the evaluation, design, and delivery of manager development, leadership development, talent analytics, high impact learning programs, performance management, succession planning, and career development.
- Demonstrated abilities and results managing and building teams and collaborative partnerships.
- Strong consulting and analytical skills to provide insightful organizational development solutions to leadership & People across the talent management lifecycle (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Knowledge of current learning technologies, assessment, and survey platforms required.
Other success factors for this candidate include:
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multitask and meet all deadlines and customer demands.
- Ability to match personal work style and approach to build trust and credibility with a range of clients.
- Executive presence, listening and influence ability with senior leadership.
- Ability to network and build a range of stakeholder relationships.
- Commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Experience in large group meeting design, portfolio management, and negotiation
- Leadership: Own and execute the management of Learning and Organization Development team including oversight/input into the design, development, implementation and management of targeted programs or other general projects.
- Effectively motivate, coach, and grow direct reports.
- Lead the team through the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research, business case development, reporting/analytics and evaluation approaches that result in leadership buy in to team proposals.
- Learning & Development: Work with key stakeholders to define and implement a cohesive approach to learning and talent systems, programs, and initiatives that utilize contemporary, blended learning methods and leverage technology and learning systems that are effective and compatible with Ellie Mae’s infrastructure and culture.
- Serves as liaison or champion between Corporate and the broader learning communities to establish common standards, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Performance Management: Develop and implement a Performance Management Strategy for the Company that supports the overall talent management strategy, Ellie Mae’s goals, and future workforce needs.
- Leadership Development: Provide oversight of Ellie Mae’s leadership and management development initiatives, as well as foundational employee education programs, and other learning and education initiatives to build a pipeline of future leadership talent.
- Define, develop and deliver Leadership Development programs (high-potential, early career and executive programs) and coaching services. Partner with PBP and business leaders to establish meaningful development plans for key/top talent.
- Talent Management: In partnership with People leaders, provides the processes and tools for: talent reviews/talent assessment, succession management, performance management, career and individual development, leadership development, team development, and learning program development. Work in collaboration with counterparts on design and deployment of solutions.
- Talent Assessment: Manage Company assessment processes. Ensure competencies are well-defined, integrated and consistent throughout the employee life cycle, including recruitment and selection, orientation and onboarding, learning and career development, performance management, succession, and talent planning.
- Talent Analytics: Work in collaboration with People Solutions to build talent analytics that guide the strategic investment decisions on people for Ellie Mae. Create a framework that provides a clear view of talent supply (bench strength) and demand, inform talent decisions and assist in prioritizing future workforce and development investments
- Capability Building: Build capability in leaders and broader People team to deliver solutions that improve performance, acting as an internal consultant on organizational development and talent solutions. Lead the successful design and delivery of the HR capability building agenda.
- Vendor & Budget Management: Lead negotiations and contracting with learning and development vendors. Plan and manage annual and five-year budget for the function.
- Program Management and Support: Maintain and enhance a portfolio of existing and emerging programs, tools, and interventions through collaboration with clients and HR partners. Successfully prioritize, scope and deliver on numerous initiatives.
Qualification and Special Skills
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's or Doctoral Degree (Ph.D., Psy.D., MS/MA/MBA) in Organization Development, Learning, Leadership, Organization Psychology or other related fields preferred.
- 15 years of experience (internal or consulting) in a similar role in a large, complex, company with specific knowledge and/or expertise in talent assessment and management, learning and development, and organization effectiveness.
- Working experience in the software industry or similar fast-paced environment and knowledge of contemporary learning tools and technology.
- Experience leading and managing a team.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrated track record of developing and implementing an end-to-end talent strategy aligned to the advancement of the business strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strong relationships with leaders at all levels and HR leaders and partners across a matrixed organization
- Exceptional verbal, written, executive presentation and communication skills.
- A great listener with detail orientation and a desire to collaborate on the best culturally appropriate solutions is a must.
- Strategic and innovative thinking coupled with pragmatic, results oriented execution
- Ability to manage all phases of a solution/project lifecycle, from initial solution design and planning, to execution and measurement
- Vendor relationship management
- Direct Learning and Organization Development
- Lead and inspire two Learning and Organizational Development resources
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.