Team Lead, Technical Support 190630
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Team Lead, Customer Support monitors and supports the activities of a team of Customer Support professionals. The Team Lead monitors and acts accordingly when opportunities to adjust actions and behaviors warrant. In their role, the Team Lead collaborates and fosters collaboration to assure appropriate levels of customer engagement are maintained, and the overarching goals established for service delivery are met. By being informed, and informing the team manager, the Team Lead will help to guide situational response and decision making. In turn, the Team Lead will drive action and activities which support team goals as set forth by the manager.
- Oversees daily scheduling of Product Support Analysts for optimal levels of coverage across all inbound support communications channels.
- Conduct process gap analysis and identify opportunities to create or improve processes.
- Execute on assigned project deliverables to drive department initiatives.
- Identify trends in product quality and escalate through the standard process.
- Participate in product level incident management process.
- Manage customer escalations.
- Mentor team members as necessary.
- Monitor and Drive:Team metrics
- Case Quality
- Case Load Balancing
- Best Practices
- Knowledge Management
- Provide ongoing updates to management of team and product area.
- Assume basic duties of manager in their absence.
- Attend product specialty meeting.
- Review and prepare the team on team specific product releases.
- 5+ years minimum experience in a customer-facing Customer Support, or equivalent roles.
- Customer Focus: Exhibits a sense of dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer. Actions are considerate of customer need and perception; Builds and maintains functional and appropriate relationships; Gains trust and garners the respect of the customer.
- Drives Results: Can consistently demonstrate achievement of results toward goals and objectives. Persistent; Empowered; Promotes and appropriately encourages others to meet/exceed goals. Strong working knowledge of operational best-practices which govern delivery of Customer Support. Working knowledge of Customer Support or equivalent operational functions, procedures and quality of service measurement. Excellent crisis management skills.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals. Consistently demonstrates good judgement; Considers relevant factors; Applies good practices and methodology to decision making. Possesses and understanding of or can demonstrate the capacity for functional understanding of the concepts of case and problem management. Solid analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one. Solid written and verbal communication
- Drives Engagement: Actively works to motivate and create a climate of high-engagement and orientation toward achievement of objectives and goals. Empowers; Invites input; Fosters visibility and ownership. Ability to lead, train and motivate staff. Ability to understand and communicate goals and meet deadlines at the initiative, project and task level.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science preferred.
- Action Oriented: Seeks new opportunities and challenges with urgency, energy, and enthusiasm. Can-do attitude; Steps-up to challenges; Bias for action. Strong knowledge of, recognition of importance, and willingness to drive adherence to company policies, procedures and process.
- Collaborates: Partners and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives. Cooperative; Fair; Trustworthy. Capable of leading and supervising teams cross-functionally toward tactical goals. Ability to work well with department-level management.
- Nimble Learning: Willingly and actively learns through experimentation and problem solving. Curious; Learns concepts quickly; Seeks knowledge.
- Technical Savvy: Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn diverse, job-appropriate technologies and technical skills. Capacity to understand technical concepts, processes, procedures, and tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.