Sr. Engineer, Software- 190388
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
As a key member of the platform engineering team, you will work directly with business and technical stakeholders to lead and execute a variety of projects including building new APIs and migration of existing services to the new platform thatâ€™s being built for the future. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Design and build scalable services and applications and optimize code for optimal performance.
- Contribute to architecture, design and implementation of next generation mortgage platform.
- Provide technical leadership forÂ Platform Services team.
- Create technical specifications for new APIâ€™s, executing from start to finish and owning the quality of the service in production.
- Maintain and extend our environment, including our core .NET codebase and MongoDB backends and write meaningful APIâ€™s that are both scalable and performance focused.
- Maintain developer documentation for the new APIâ€™s that will encourage adoption among our consumers.
Basic Skills and Qulaifications
- 5+ years direct experience with modern web stacks, design, development and deployment of high volume web applications and APIs.
- Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database design and management- MongoDB preferred.
- Expertise with object-oriented languages such as C#.net and Java.
- Excellent understanding of concepts and fundamentals of Java and computer science including multi-threading, memory management and web services.
- History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems.
- Experience in building services(REST and SOAP) with high focus on performance.
- Familiarity with microservices and knowledge of modern cloud services (AWS).
- Practical perspective on software engineering discipline, focus on learning and delivering, and passion for high quality.
- Proficiency with Agile development.
- â€œYou build it â€“ You own itâ€ mentality is a must. Sense of ownership is paramount to achieving success.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- Be focused, passionate and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and introduce them as needed.
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field. Masters degree is preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.