Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting- 190331
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The role is a critical member of the Assistant Controller’s staff ensuring effective business engagement in the Company’s debt, equity and technical accounting and M&A activities. This role will coordinate with General Accounting, legal, FP&A, Corp Development to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and debt compliance and quality M&A evaluation and integration.
Summary of Qualifications
- Technical Accounting and Accounting Policy Update and Maintenance:Review material supplier and other agreements and determine proper accounting treatments (e.g. AWS)
- Monitor regulatory activities and new guidance to ensure accurate GAAP accounting
- Draft and update accounting policies and procedures, maintain accounting policies ongoing in line with the business and regulatory changes
- Implement new accounting pronouncements and train individuals affected
- Maintain corporate procurement, disbursement and treasury policies
- Equity accounting:Own accounting for all equity transactions and equity instruments including preferred stock and preferred stock dividend accounting
- Review stock compensation entries
- Maintain cap table
- Prepare accounting analysis for new awards and/or modifications to existing awards as needed
- Debt Accounting and TreasuryOwn accounting for debt
- Maintain cash burn calculations and cash forecast
- Manage cash balances, interest rate locks, credit line drawdowns/payments
- Coordinate and review debt compliance packages
- Manage operating/commercial banking relationships and account structure
- Maintain the Company’s investment policy
- Work with FP&A and Accounting to forecast cash needs and invest excess cash in accordance with our investment policy to maximize investment earnings
- Maintain bank user and payment administration, approve wires
- Accounting lead for M&ACoordinate confirmatory accounting due diligence
- Coordinate and/or prepare Quality of Earnings Calculations
- Coordinate entity valuation and purchase price accounting process, and record entries
- Lead accounting integration activities, report plans and progress to M&A PMO
- Prepare periodic impairment analyses
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 8 – 10 years general accounting experience with emphasis on technical accounting
- CPA, Big 4 accounting firm experience a must
- Technical accounting expertise in the areas of business combinations, equity and stock compensation, goodwill and asset valuation/impairment, lease accounting, etc.
- Experience and ability to analyze and implement new accounting standards a must
- Treasury management and debt accounting experience a plus
- Ability to analyze volumes of information and summarize into cohesive positions and polices that can be understood by non-accounting members is preferred
- M&A diligence and valuation experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required to interact with peers and teammates for cross functional alignment
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.