Sales Operations Specialist- JR-200146 A Contract
El Segundo, CA
Sales – Sales Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Responsible for day-to-day support of assigned regional team of Sales representatives. Validating end ensuring their submission meet company and audit compliance. You will be responsible for managing multiple product line contracts and being versed in the differences and nuances between each of them to ensure accuracy and timeliness of contracts.
Be a leader in developing contracting and process knowledge among other members of the team. You should consistently be training others or providing best practice ideas for your product lines and across the Sales Ops organization to help ensure we develop the most effective approaches. You should be focused not only on your effectiveness in contracting but the team’s overall ability to be efficient and error-free.
Manage the entire Order Management process cycle, from contract creation through fulfillment & tracking. You should also be current and have responsibilities for any key initiatives/projects being implemented which impacts our contracting or order management process.
Develop a working partnership with the Sales team and business partners. This includes not only working with your reps directly on incoming deals but engaging them proactively to understand complex negotiations in process and helping them become more effective at process and SFDC/CPQ management while ensuring all business partner needs are met.
Ability to prioritize incoming requests by managing sales operations pipeline and making sure special requests are processed same day. With responsibilities across multiple product lines you must effectively communicate with the Team Leads about workflow and with your reps about deals in process.
Support Sales in their efforts to assist existing and potential clients. Work with Management to maximize sales and profit when facilitating contracting. Enforce account ownership rules within our SFDC system and in full compliance with Sales Process and business guidelines. Seek to reduce reissues by providing proper guidance and thoroughness of contract creation.
Adhere to pricing and discount guidelines – by working closely with sales and their management team, you should proactively identify and help update any outdated approval processes and seek greater automation.
Work closely with Accounting in regards to order processing, billing/payment issues, arrangements. This includes understanding their day to day business requirements to minimize preventable errors and also helping to create best practices across Sales Ops to systematically reduce possible errors. Work closely with Legal to in regard to Special Terms and how they are anticipated to be executed in the order form.
Daily management of post-sales, product-related account activities such as, but not limited to:
New client approval and creation process, data management, account ownership enforcement, processing returns and refunds,
General administrative duties related to sales, including managing contracts, e-filing, and general accounts maintenance.
Maintain data integrity.
Participate in the completion and execution of team goals to excel in order processing, contract management and implementation & enhancement of procedures and performance standards.
Interact daily with all levels of the company: Sales, Legal, Services, Provisioning, Management team, IT/MIS and other departments.
Participate in other projects and initiatives as necessary.
Basic skills and qualifications
- 2+ years of Sales Operations experience with deep knowledge of Order Management processing
- Proficient with SalesForce – mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-starter with a proven track record in a sales support role with top notch customer service skills and superb sense of urgency.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven organizational skills, able to prioritize and multi-task and see projects/assignments to completion, balancing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Process-oriented, accountable and trustworthy.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and customer database management systems
- Experience working in an extremely fast-paced environment, Mortgage/Banking experience a plus
- Highly autonomous; strong analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective team player who also possesses the ability to work independently, make judgment calls and take ownership of outcome from those decisions
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills, works well with all levels, able to successfully manage cross-departmental expectations
- Problem Solving – must understand/analyze problems from a variety of points, and recommend solutions
- Ability to exercise flexibility when presented with new or ad hoc processes
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.