Manger, Performance Engineering
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
EllieMae is seeking a Manager Performance Engineer to join the Performance Engineering group to focus on performance and capacity projects. We are seeking a Manager of Performance and Scalability to work with Engineering, Product Development, QA and Customer Services to refine and implement new and existing end to end quality performance solutions across all company products and customer
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Own end-to-end product performance of EllieMae applications and services.
- Provide technical and people leadership to deliver scalable and reliable applications.
- Help team members to develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- Strong communication, both within the team and across the engineering/technical-operations organization.
- Play a key role in people-related initiatives including recruiting, onboarding, performance reviews, training, career advancement, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure, and Data Engineering teams to ensure the apps operate at scale.
- Hands-on performance engineering and mentoring as necessary for all members of the team to ensure team and project success.
- Drive products and team performance, collaborate with all to achieve results, and think strategically.
- Build roadmaps and develop a long-term team vision in partnership with Product and other stakeholders.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2+ years of experience managing team members with different skill sets and areas of focus.
- At least 8+ years of experience in performance engineering, capacity panning with in depth knowledge of identifying and debugging application/infrastructure performance problems
- Experience with the following:
- Strong hands on experience in coding & scripting languages such as Java, C#, Perl, Python, Tcl.
- Software application performance tuning over a visualized system and infrastructure.
- Debugging, Monitoring, Optimization: Using AppDynamics, Dynatrace, NewRelic, LoadRunner, Webload, JMeter or similar tools.
- Hands on experience with application code instrumentation (Java or C#) and database profiling.
- In depth knowledge of database fundamentals and architecture (MS SQL Server, Oracle and MongoDB)
- Be a thinker, help in finding performance bottlenecks, debug to get RCA and provide/recommend a working solution.
- Outstanding attention to details and strong communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Successfully completed AWS or Azure Solutions Architect Associate/Professional certification exam.
- Good troubleshooting and performance tuning experience with AWS components like Dynamo, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.
- Knowledge and hands on experience working with distributed caching systems like Hazelcast, Redis, etc.
- Excellent understanding of how a high transactional system scales the infrastructure load balancers, filers, firewalls.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.