Senior Director Workplace Services, Safety and Real Estate 201383
Pleasanton, CA /
G&A – Human Resources /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Director, Workplace Services, Security, and Safety for Ellie Mae is a seasoned real estate and workplace professional with demonstrated experience in leading corporate real estate, facilities, and safety in a fast-paced, diverse environment. This requires someone who is extremely focused on the employee experience and bringing the Ellie Mae brand and culture to life. By understanding the company’s business, strategy, key initiatives, and culture the Sr. Director will develop and implement corporate real estate and workplace strategies and programs that support Ellie Mae’s growing, multi-site, organization. This role leads a team of 20+ and will be based out of our Headquarters in Pleasanton, CA reporting to the Sr. VP, People.
- Lead a team of workplace services and security & safety professionals consisting of workplace services coordinators and associates, security, health and safety manager, and project managers.
- Develop a thoughtful and comprehensive workplace, lease, and space planning strategy based on short and long-term business needs, aligned with our culture that promotes a productive, collaborative and fun environment for our employees across the country.
- Direct all aspects of the workplace function, focused on providing an extraordinary office and site services experience for our teammates across the country.
- Run the Workplace Security & Safety function, focused on ensuring a safe – and welcoming – work environment for all employees and visitors.
- Lead and direct all capital expenditures for the construction and alterations of our office facilities, infrastructure and leased real property, including the negotiation and management of all domestic facility leases.
- Oversee the development of thorough plans for the opening, expansion and ongoing maintenance of all future offices.
- Initiate audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Run a multi-million dollar budget working closely with the FP&A team
- Oversee development of project estimates/budgets and present/review such with leadership to gain agreement to proceed with projects.
- Develop and implement systems to monitor project performance to plans, budget, schedule, design standards, project management reporting processes, quality control, and commissioning.
- Ensure effective communication and customer service during all phases of a project, keeping team members, senior leadership, employees, and external agencies well-informed of project status and impact to their operations.
- Establish guidelines for office build outs, accommodating local needs.
- Oversee the selection and contracting process for consultants and construction teams.
- Guide development of space program plans, soliciting input from department leaders and user groups, focused on effective space management and flexibility in configurations.
- Build positive relationships and partner closely across functions, with particular emphasis on Information Technology, Finance, Information Security, Internal Audit, Legal and People.
- At least 10-12 years corporate real estate & facilities experience, preferably for high-tech companies. Minimum 5 years’ of managing/leading a team of individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience.
- Extraordinary judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with employees, senior management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization, and a track record of implementing organizational change by fostering collaboration and consensus building.
- A keen eye for detail in the day-to-day management of workspaces while having a strategic mindset with long-term objectives.
- Experience in leading planning, design, construction bidding/leveling process, renovation projects, and vendor governance within the design and construction.
- Extensive experience with project management of office fit out and infrastructure construction.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in commercial real estate, regulations, technologies, techniques and approaches in workplace engagement, space planning, and allocation.
- Complete understanding of all commercial real estate contract obligations.
- Experience working with internal and outsourced project managers and internal support groups and external service providers.
- Travel to key office locations (domestic) as projects and needs require.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.