Senior Manager, Customer Trust Program - 200094
G&A – Legal
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Product & Privacy function of Ellie Mae’s legal department is looking for an experienced Customer Trust leader. As the Senior Manager of Customer Trust, you’ll have the opportunity to evangelize and expand Ellie Mae’s industry known customer due diligence program to the next level. You’ll be challenged to drive the vision, priorities and plans for the program, providing customer assurance that our company meets security and privacy regulations and standards. At Ellie Mae, maintaining Customer Trust is top priority and this team is the information center for all things security, regulatory and privacy customer related.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Oversee all customer requests and managing the Customer Trust program dedicated to addressing and anticipating customer security, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with various Ellie Mae teams and stakeholders to enable our customers to succeed.
- Develop SME-level expertise in the security features of Ellie Mae products and infrastructure.
- Lead efforts to respond to customer information requests, including completing questionnaires, providing supporting documentation, partnering with product and engineering teams to clarify discrepancies, and communicating results in an organized manner.
- Manage the education and training of Ellie Mae’s security and privacy posture to the sales organization.
- Maintain Customer Trust assets, including website, playbook, white papers, data sheets and all due diligence documentation.
- Manage Ellie Mae’s customer on-site security assessment program including publication of program materials, scheduling of resources, scoping and facilitation of review meetings.
- Partner with organization leaders to find creative and innovate ways to address customer requirements and identify opportunities for the Company to demonstrate compliance leadership.
- Analyze and report on customer requests to drive improvements to existing processes and proactively identify trending issues.
- Participate in sales calls addressing security and compliance questions for prospects and existing customers.
- Review security clauses in contracts; advise on Ellie Mae’s security posture and ensure contracts accurately reflect our measures.
- Assist where applicable in legal and regulatory projects.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years of direct experience with security compliance frameworks (SOC, PCI, ISO27001, Fed Ramp, NIST, etc).
- 5 yrs people management experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of IT concepts, including encryption, networking, operating systems, databases, and applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of cloud security and privacy principles is a plus.
- Track record of building and improving existing programs and producing quality metrics.
- Experience supporting a sales organization a plus.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.