Sr. UX Program Manager -190494
Technology & Operations – Planning & Business Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
This position in the Strategy & Technology organization is to work with designers, researchers, product managers and extended team members to drive product excellence and facilitate the successful delivery of experiences that are intuitive, engaging and aligned with the UX vision and strategy. Reporting to Program Management leadership, you’ll be charged with coordinating and tracking design programs and projects, ensuring predictability and healthy partnerships within the organization responsible for the following:
- Drive, manage and evolve research and design processes and tools for maximum UX team efficiency and impact.
- Manage UX programs, tracking assignments, dependencies and milestones.
- Coordinate and bridge between UX/Product Design, Development Directors, Product Managers and Engineering to keep product development on track.
- Put repeatable processes in place that help plan and manage multiple parallel projects and run the business.
- Work with UX leadership team to identify priorities and allocate resources.
- Lead UX project planning and prioritization and work with research and design leads to define and break down work, project scope and critical path to success.
- Track the status and health of all UX initiatives, identifying and communicating risks, and managing project schedules.
- Implement operational changes to create an environment in which researchers, designers, and UX writers can thrive in and deliver high quality output.
- Monitor team health/happiness, identifying team needs, resource gaps and communicate recommendations to UX leadership.
- Establish innovative programs for continual learning and inspiration for the UX team.
- Onboard new UX team members.
- 4+ years of experience as a program or project manager, UX producer, or similar role.
- Experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects.
- Expertise with UX design and research disciplines, tools, and processes.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum.
- Experience building/delivering Financial Services products.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- A calm, optimistic demeanor that inspires confidence and collaboration.
- Deep experience with project management tools like Asana, JIRA and others, and experience creating design-specific workflows.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.