Chief Compliance Officer 202378
G&A – Legal /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) will be responsible for setting and executing strategies to ensure regulatory compliance of the ICE Mortgage Technology products and will work cross-functionally to implement the necessary policies, procedures, and controls. The CCO will also help to integrate ICE Mortgage Technology into the ICE’s robust enterprise risk management Framework.
As the regulatory environment is evolving, the CCO will lead all aspects of developing a robust Compliance Management Program, with ownership of first and second lines of defense.
- Are you a trusted advisor to the business, senior leadership and legal counsel?
- The main first line responsibilities of this position are focused on ensuring the ICE Mortgage Technology products help our customers maintain compliance in a constantly evolving regulatory landscape of the mortgage industry. Our clients choose ICE Mortgage Technology largely because of our compliance expertise and our ability to deliver products that help them ensure their compliance with the regulatory landscape in which they operate. The duties include:
- A forward-looking perspective to identify trends and likely impacts early and with enough warning to allow the software to accommodate those changes
- An execution perspective to ensure that the large cross-functional group implements the changes vital to ensure compliance
- A retrospective point of view that ensures that the software has maintained its compliance with the regulatory landscape, and
- A collaborative approach to working cross-functionality, in particular with the legal team, to ensure that changes in laws and regulations are appropriately addressed.
- The second line responsibilities include the development and implementation of programs on policies and Procedures, Training, Monitoring and Compliance Escalations, and the necessary reporting for key stakeholders.
- The role will include both an initial expansion and ongoing responsibilities:
- Initial Expansion: expand and mature the company’s existing compliance program appropriate to our company’s size, complexity, and risk profile.
- Key tasks include: developing a detailed plan for the expansion of the compliance program framework, hiring qualified talent, and collaborating with impacted business units.
- Key deliverables include compliance program plan, compliance program policy, risk appetite, risk inventory, risk ratings, risk mapping, and risk assessment methodology.
- Ongoing BAU: continuously monitor and adjust controls to changes in the product compliance risk environment.
- Lead the team to ensure the Compliance Program is coordinated, administered and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Evaluate business objectives and regulatory developments and propose compliance solutions within the company’s risk tolerance and regulatory requirements.
- Primary point of contact for leading exam and audit response and ensures critical compliance issues are called out to senior management and to the risk committee of the board of directors, as appropriate.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Skills)
- 10 or more years of demonstrated ability growing responsibility and management proof points
- Domain expertise in regulatory compliance for the mortgage industry, either in a consulting capacity or in charge of regulatory change management and compliance training
- Experience advising a team of leaders and individual contributors across multiple geographic locations
- Detail and execution orientation with ability to lead multiple critical projects at once
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven track record of collaborating in a highly matrixed cross-functional environment
- Education: JD, CRCM, CRM, CERP, or related risk/compliance certification
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.