Staff Engineer, DBA and Data Services 200099
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae has an opportunity for a highly motivated Staff Database Engineer to provide a senior-level contribution to a team responsible for the design, development and implementation of critical business enterprise applications using Microsoft SQL, Mongo and PostgreSQL. The role includes both development and production database administration using both traditional SDLC and Agile software lifecycle methodologies in a collaborative environment.
- Play a lead role in delivering our database platfroms (SQL Server, Mongo and Postgres) on Public Cloud & Private Cloud environments
- Play a lead role in delivering our database platforms on Linux.
- Cover all aspects of Availability, Performance and Security for Databases
- Automate self service solutions for the database platform.
- Automate CI/CD delivery for the database Platform.
- Deliver solutions for access management, availability, security, replication and patching.
- Deliver data flows for migration, redaction, masking and population of lower environments.
- Troubleshoot application database performance issues.
- Partner with engineering, architecture, business and operations teams to improve solutions.
- Participate in 2-week delivery sprints, planning and retrospective discussions.
- 7 years experience with MSSQL on Windows or Linux based environments
- 2 years experience with PostgresSQL on Linux based environments
- 2 years experience with Mongo databases on Linux based environments
- 7 years experience with one database technology in high performance, multi-user systems.
- 3 years experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, EBS, S3.
- Deeply proficient at the command prompt, bash, shell scripting and emphasis on Python.
- Deeply proficient in git or a similar source code revision tool.
- Deeply proficient in CM tools like Chef / Puppet.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in applying database capabilities to solving application and business problems.
- Proven experience in database design for performance, security and maintainability.
- Understanding of OO programming (Python / C# / Go ) is good to have.
- Professionalism, positive outlook, respect and courtesy to customers and all associates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years strong database development and administration in relational and NoSQL databases on Linux/Windows.
- 7+ years of experience deploying and scaling web services on virtual / cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated expert level installation/configuration automation and scripting proficiency.
- Experience with full stack architecture.
- Self-starter who can take ownership of technical issues and follow-through.
- Previous experience with SQL Server and Migration to PostgreSQL is a big plus.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.