Sr. Business Analyst, Business Service Operations-180595
Customer Success – Services & Operations Management
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Business Analyst acts as a subject-matter and product-area expert to provide vendor management and product oversight on critical business applications used within the Customer Success organization. They may also be called upon to define/design and document requirements for all business applications within scope, this will require an expert level understanding of each business units use cases, and available features/functionality that exist within each application. A key responsibility of the Senior Business Analyst is to drive product and operational knowledge within their team, and across the organization. The Senior Business Analyst is also expected to drive successful adoption of business applications within scope. This requires an individual to have an expert level understanding of applications, but also be fully aware of upcoming releases of new features and where future enhancements are placed in the product roadmap.
- Develop and effectively apply learned technical and domain expertise to assist transitioning Customer Success business units through adoption on business applications.
- Provide administrative support for all business applications within scope.
- Identify system deficiencies and divergences from best practice within the production instance.
- Assist in defining and documenting a vendor and technology evaluation framework based on best practice.
- Adopt and exhibit core behaviors toward teamwork and professionalism as defined by departmental standard.
- Will be expected to obtain and maintain expert level knowledge of business applications utilized by Customer Success.
- Advise teams on design, development and overall best practice configuration of business applications.
- Assist in architecture reviews and act as the voice of the customer and business stakeholders.
- Assist with the design and requirements of new solutions.
- Leverage business stakeholders and customer feedback to establish a voice for the customer by which business cases will be created to change and/or maximize our technology usage.
- Remain current on industry trends in the Customer Support and Client Training/Education space.
- Remain current on leading technologies emerging in the Customer Support and Client Training/Education space.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field; specialized training; or equivalent professional experience.
- 10 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Current or prior experience managing vendor relationships and evaluating technology for procurement.
- 5+ years’ experience leading the design and documentation of business and customer requirements.
- Understanding of ITSM processes based on ITIL v3.
- 5+ years’ experience with contact center and/or education business systems and applications.
- Is fully capable of managing own time to department and team standards and expectations.
- Prior experience supporting internal tools and engaging with vendors and developers to solve complex incidents.
- Collaborates: Partners and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives. Cooperative; Fair; Trustworthy.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience-appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one. Deliver salient information and complete solutions with confidence.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals. Consistently demonstrates good judgement; Considers relevant factors; Applies good practices and methodology to decision making. Understands and appropriately balances and prioritizes work efforts to operational needs.
- Owns Engagement: Actively works to motivate and create a climate of high-engagement and orientation toward achievement of objectives and goals. Empowers; Invites input; Fosters visibility and ownership.
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient
- Plans and Aligns: Owns and drives planning and prioritization of work efforts necessary to support and satisfy commitments aligned with organizational goals. Objective oriented; Develops initiatives and actions to support objectives; Anticipates and adjusts; Plans for contingencies. Plan and self-manage work efforts to goals and department/team objectives.
- Prior experience with Five9, User Forums, Bomgar, xMatters, ServiceNow, SCORM Cloud, Salesforce, JIRA, Tableau, eLearning Development Tools, Business Writing Tools
Ellie Mae is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.