VP, Sales Operations 201200
Pleasanton, CA /
Sales – Sales Operations /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Vice President Sales Operations (VPSO) directs Ellie Mae’s support investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration. Will work collaboratively with the sales leadership team and with other internal functional organizations to coordinate all sales activities and programs necessary to drive a synergistic, high-performing, team-oriented, ethical sales culture.
Develops and drives the sales forecast process globally, maintains strong relationships with field management to ensure timely and accurate sales forecasts and reporting. Will use knowledge of company products, services, support and technology to drive the sales operations activities that achieve company goals. Market analysis where appropriate to support the sales planning cycle. Interacts closely with the Executive Team and/or Board of Directors specific to the reporting of all sales data and information. Design the company's sales incentive plans. Establishes quotas that support the financial plans of the business. Member of the Deal Desk.
- Works with executives and cross functional leadership to establish global sales goals to support and meet the company’s revenue and strategic growth goals.
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm. Works with Sales and Finance to develop and administer the company's sales forecast.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the SVP, Sales and Client Management, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity. Works closely with the SVP, Sales and Client Management and SVP, CIO to understand firm sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Working with Human Resources and senior sales leadership, designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Manages the definition and distribution of all SPIFF’s (special incentive programs) working closely with HR and Finance.
- Primary administrator of all sales support systems, and drives implementation and adoption of a CRM system and reporting systems.
- Drives Sales Process/Methodology improvements.
- Recommends and implements sales force automation and tools.
- Ensures the maximization of sales force competency and performance via Training and Development.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Skills)
- Strong planning, financial and analytical skills, with proven ability to apply these skills with deft business acumen to complex situations with competing priorities.
- Proven expertise in developing and utilizing a management operating system to drive sales performance.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology and process to leverage for maximum effectiveness.
- Proven ability to collaborate and effectively manage cross-functional teams charged with launching new products and diverse sales initiatives.
- Ability to challenge convention and advance best-in-class commercial sales models.
- Strong consulting skills. Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions that meet expectations.
- Effective time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage projects with multiple tracks as a high-energy leader.
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous inter-dependencies.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, a commitment to quality and be results driven and customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to write well, edit effectively and present complex issues and projects succinctly, logically, and persuasively.
- Meeting management and group process facilitation skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic, high energy environment, armed with the prioritization skills to evaluate rapidly emerging opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or graduate degree a plus,
- 8+ years’ experience in driving sales performance, with 5+ years ‘experience in a management/leadership role within Sales.
- Experience working with M&A and supporting integration efforts.
- Experience in the organization and/or delivery of sales training preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.