Sr. QA Manager- 190566
Pleasanton, CA /
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for a technically strong and seasoned Senior QA Manager who will be responsible for leading multiple geographically distributed teams of highly technical QA engineers to deliver high quality releases of Ellie Mae’s data platform and products.
- Partner with EllieMae Data platform and application product teams to define, develop and implement test requirements for new product features.
- Assess overall product quality approach. Plan, execute, monitor and validate testing processes.
- Develop test plans for each new release that includes test strategy for all new product functionality.
- Debrief on defects identified outside of our quality processes and develop plans to ensure there are tests in place to capture the defects.
- Ensure test processes for new applications and features are designed into the product development process.
- Lead the quality engineering team to automate complex testing scenarios.
- Develop/train team to develop new automated tests as needed.
- Become a EllieMae Data platform and product expert to thoroughly understand all use-case scenarios.
- Develop project plans and cost versus benefit evaluations.
- 15+ years of Quality Assurance design, development, execution, test automation, test plan and test case implementation
- Management leadership role in defining and implementing an overall software development quality life-cycle approach.
- 10+ years software quality leadership experience in a software development environment, preferably SaaS and PaaS
- Experience with open source automation framework (TestNG, jmeter, selenium, RestAssured)
- Ability to work effectively with internal teams to define scope, goals, project plans and deliverables
- Define and monitor project dependencies, milestones, timelines, and budgets to ensure adherence to project requirements
- Software development skills including Java and Python expertise required. The programming knowledge should not be limited to use the existing framework but you should be able to expand it where needed.
- Experience with both backend and UI testing and automation required.
- AWS Cloud experience required.
- Experience with data platform, data warehouse and/or data products is nice to have.
- Experience with complex SQL queries is nice to have.
- Outstanding team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent presentation and written communication.
- Four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university – graduate degree preferred
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.