Manager, Accounts Payable- 190305
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Manager plans and oversees full-cycle accounts payable activities including issuing purchase orders, vouching invoices, timely payment processing, month end close accruals and account reconciliations. Ensures accounts payable transactions comply with company policies and generally accepted accounting principles. Identifies opportunities to improve processes and collaborates with business partners to drive efficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Supervise the accounts payable team providing developmental leadership to enhance the group’s performance
- Ensure the timely and accurate month-end closing of Accounts Payable and monthly accruals to meet department deadlines
- Ensure timely responses to supplier and internal business partner inquiries and quickly resolve issues
- Mange Supplier listing and ensure documentation and information is complete and accurate
- Ensure that proper documentation and support is provided for all accounts payable activities in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and introduce them into the department, as appropriate
- Review and evaluate current policies and procedures and implements changes necessary to improve and streamline processes
- Ensure 1099’s are issued timely and accurately at year end.
- Perform ad hoc special projects/requests as needed
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of relevant experience with 4-6 years of AP or transactional accounting experience and preferably, 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and flexibly adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbally) across all levels of the organization and with vendors
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and process improvement skills
- Work ethic that exudes integrity, accountability, and professionalism
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.