Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Financials, Order to Cash 202417
U.S.A. Remote /
Technology & Operations – IT /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is seeking a dynamic Senior Business Analyst for IT Enterprise Back Office Applications (specifically for Financials) to join our tightly knit, high-energy Information Technology (IT) Organization to support the delivery & implementation of technology solutions primarily across NetSuite and transitioning out of Workday Financials. This role will report to the Sr. Director of IT Back Office Applications and be based in Pleasanton, California. This individual will be responsible for the planning, analysis, design and delivery of solutions primarily focused on enterprise wide Lead to Cash transformation initiative, any connecting integrations as well as driving the scoping and planning for solutions on new technologies to support the Back-Office Organization. This individual must be engaging and consultative in his/her approach to work with effective communication skills. In short, you will never be bored. You will challenge yourself with a wide variety of projects and you will have many opportunities to make a positive impact and grow your career.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a passionate, energetic, organized and collaborative experienced Business Analyst with outstanding intellectual curiosity, clear communication, strong Finance business processes knowledge and the ability to influence cross functional IT teams. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to details), and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that exceed customer expectations.
You can understand the big picture, including best practices, as well as an ability to apply a disciplined and detail-oriented approach to execution. You can operate and thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a strong work ethic and love technology as well as business processes. You show initiative, can prioritize, influence and execute.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Serve primarily as Financials Order to Cash go-to Business Analyst, responsible for the Scope, design and delivery of technology Solutions that optimize and enable our Finance Organization. This also includes staying updated with technology releases and road-map and identify opportunities to leverage new features and functionality to improve business processes.
- Responsible for transition of Workday Financials to NetSuite for Order to Cash and its integrations with external systems such as Salesforce.com and Oracle Cloud.
- Support the relationship with the Finance Organization, utilizing proactive account management strategies, and develop strong business relationships
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather, analyze and document information needs and functional requirements.
- Lead business analysis and modeling activities by interviewing process owners, users and other stakeholders to identify business processes, evaluates the current process and workflow for various business functions; document findings and recommends improvements.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements and work closely with technical team on any technical components
- Act as a liaison between Project Sponsors/Stakeholders and technical teams. Lead cross-functional teams to deliver business and technical requirements, business rules, concept maps, process maps, user flows, acceptance tests, and system upgrades primarily for NetSuite Financials (Order to Cash).
- Plan and manage small/medium complexity projects/initiatives
- Resolve issues between stated business requirements and what is technically feasible by identifying issues, evaluate alternative systems solutions with system designers and users and communicate the end result.
- Decompose large work items/stories into smaller independent components. Lead work sessions with technical team members to address questions or issues etc.
- Work with the business units to develop test plans and procedures, to validate & test the application design, define acceptance criteria with the overall project team.
- Provide production support for various Finance systems including, but not limited to researching and resolving problems with NetSuite, Workday, Oracle Cloud, Zuora, integrations to Salesforce and other in-house systems
- Create and support a variety of reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Prepare regularly scheduled reports and ad-hoc reporting as required for the Finance Organization.
- Follow the incident/enhancement/change management process using ServiceNow, Jira etc
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst supporting Finance organization
- Extensive business process knowledge, configuration and hands on experience (minimum of 5 years) with Order to Cash (Revenue Management, Receivables, Invoicing)
- 5+ years’ hands-on Financials experience in at least one of key ERPs like NetSuite (Preferred), Workday, Oracle Cloud, PeopleSoft etc.
- General knowledge and understanding of Finance processes (like Procure to Pay, Record to Report), procedures and policies in order to translate business requirements into system.
- Experience handling cross-functional projects with applications like Salesforce, banks (AR lockbox), Tax systems (like One Source, Avalara) etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- Self-motivation, proactive and willingness to learn with a strong sense of accountability and a proven track record of delivering results
- Must work well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, be able to interact in a team environment, be able to adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent analytical, problem solving and customer service skills
- Must be able to troubleshoot, resolve and communicate solutions for system issues to the business.
- Experience in business requirements gathering, process analysis and design, gap analysis, functional design specifications, system configuration, and development of system tests, procedures and documentation
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, IT or a related discipline
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.