Sr Staff Engineer, Information Security 190265
Technology & Operations – Information Security and IRM
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
What is this about? It's about Cybersecurity!
Cybersecurity is at the beating heart of our business. Our diligence and expertise helps us innovate and extend our market leadership and differentiation. We’ve made it a priority to create a top-notch Cybersecurity team that will help us thwart any potential cyber threats. If you are not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact while connecting you with teams in an inclusive culture that celebrates our brand uniqueness and market leadership.
Ellie Mae is looking for bright, passionate, and dedicated people driven in Cybersecurity to join our team. As a Sr. Staff Security Engineer, you will work on highly impactful security efforts in the highly impactful areas of: Identity & Access, Email Security, Data security, Cloud security, and cyber threat intelligence. This will include working closely with our V.P. Security Engineering, to design, develop, and implement security policies and employ a variety of technologies to monitor/manage adherence to them. The Sr. Staff Engineer Security will play a key role in defining next generation security architecture and solutions in the AWS cloud environment in the said disciplines, and provide security capabilities related metrics for executive level dashboards.
This engineer with a broad cybersecurity plus IAM, Email, Phishing defense, DLP, Cloud security knowledge will provide direction in the space; design and implement security solutions for a variety of critical initiatives through identification, analysis, evaluation, lifecycle management, and adoption of technologies.
Key day to day responsibilities and objectives
- Leading, developing, implementing, and contributing to the security posture of Ellie Mae in the areas of: IAM, Email Security, DLP, Cloud Security, Phishing defense, and cyber threat intelligence
- Development, implementation, and lifecycle management of security solutions in the above areas starting from requirements, specifications, standards, design patterns, and roadmaps.
- Using a strategic point of view while implementing solutions
- Help guide business units to design and implement the correct IAM, Email, DLP, Cloud security solutions
- Work within Cybersecurity and across multiple business teams to review and evaluate security solutions for enterprise and business use
- Able to automate the security toolkits with automation tools
- Execute threat modeling methodologies on applications and use the results to drive appropriate infrastructure security implementations and take current solutions to the next level
- Show significant proficiency in cybersecurity design and engineering experience in areas including:AWS IAM - Secrets and credential management; directory services, single-signon, Cognito
- Directory services: Active directory – must be familiar with forest and domain design, trusts, directory structures); LDAP and X.500 compliant directories
- Web access management solutions
- Single sign on and federation using protocols inclusive of ADFS, OpenID Connect, SAML 2.0, and Kerberos
- Privileged access management capabilities and solutions
- Multi-factor authentication including modern push notifications; adaptive and risk-based authentication
- Identity lifecycle management
- Access management including provisioning
- IDaaS solutions in Cloud – Okta, Ping, AWS, Azure
- Data security solutions including DLP technologies (endpoint, system, and network)
- Email security solutions including security of Office 365, SMTP
- Phishing defense solutions
- Design, build and deploy next generation cloud security practices to protect Company’s public and private cloud infrastructure
- Research emerging IAM, Email, Phishing, DLP, Cloud security technologies and maintain awareness of current security risks in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Evangelize security throughout the enterprise and lead changes needed to respond to emerging threats
- Lead initiatives to develop and build security utilities and tools that will enable others to operate more efficiently and securely in cloud environments
Qualifications, skills and education
- 10 years of experience as a security professional.
- Strong understanding of IAM technologies and architectures; Email security, DLP technologies, Phishing and brand defense
- In depth knowledge of implementing IAM in Cloud - AWS, other private cloud environment and security.
- Strong understanding of Systems Security, IAM frameworks, threat modeling
- Background in security development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, proven self-starter, ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Strong technical aptitude, a desire to learn, and a very strong interest in security.
- Deep understanding of the role cryptography plays in IAM such as PKI
- OS hardening and security best practices
- Familiar with modern constructs such as containers
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.