Customer Success Engineer- 180736
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Customer Success Engineer or CSE is responsible for the successful execution of the Enterprise Technical Support program. Deliverables may vary based on customer need and the specific service to which the CSE is deployed to engage in. The CSE will balance priorities, develop tactical and strategic action plans, and meet the commitments of the program and those which exist with the customer. Troubleshoot and diagnosing highly complex business rules and workflows as it relates to knowledge of the Mortgage Industry and Encompass platform. The CSE will have deeper Industry knowledge to ensure they meet, coordinate and lead tasks across virtual teams and cross-functionally to appropriately address customer issues/questions as a function of their engagement with the customer. As part of their engagement, the CSE will apply their breadth and depth of the Mortgage Industry such as compliance and closing a loan and how this would translate to the Ellie Mae platform, partners and business workflows. The Industry CSE must troubleshoot and address customer concerns holistically and proactively. The CSE function is designed to deliver a higher level of partnership with the customer and not a traditional transnational technical support role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive resolution of complex production issues, including: escalation, system testing, strategy sessions and distribution of knowledge throughout the company
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of existing systems and new systems in order to provide accurate assistance and training to customers
- Act as an advisor for advanced Ellie Mae features as it relates to the Mortgage Industry
- Participate in special projects that enhances the quality or efficiency of the Enterprise Technical Support Team
- Gather baseline metrics such as Encompass business rules and work with customer to maximize value of the Ellie Mae platform
- Own service request issues in CRM issue providing technical/service delivery and escalation management as needed on engagements
- Partner with other team members within Technical Support (Industry, Compliance and Doc teams) develop successful strategies and plans to maintain & improve performance of the Ellie Mae Services
- Proactively keep up to date on Industry trends, how this relates to new Encompass product features and roadmap.
- Partner with Customer Success Managers (CSM) to educate Customers on the value of the overall solution and encourage optimal utilization of Encompass platform
- Gather customer feedback to help product management define the product roadmap
- Be the trusted advisor for Ellie Mae Technical Support and the Customer, by understanding impacts and appropriately escalating issues as it relates to the Mortgage Industry and potential/planned changes in Legislation
- Facilitate relationships across various customer teams, brands, and/or departments to strengthen partnership with customers
- Provide best practices and industry benchmarking to customers
- Own and deliver on project work (additional add on services) beyond the standard ETS offering such as training and Virtual Admin projects.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.