Sr. Engineer, Systems- 190773
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking senior storage engineer who can be part of our growing Private cloud team. The ideal candidate will be an expert level point of contact to the team. He/She will primarily be responsible for troubleshooting, automating/scripting/Engineering of storage tasks in a NetApp environment, planning changes to the environment, capacity planning and documenting. Over the next several years we are migrating large portions of our workloads from our private data centers to Public Cloud and any experience with public cloud tools and services is a plus.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Manage multiple data centers running Cisco UCS Infrastructure with VMWare
- Managing Windows & Linux Operating Systems
- Managing workload on AWS and AWS command line
- Scripting skills - Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with any infrastructure automation tools, such as Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network and various fundamental network services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, NTP, telnet, SSH, etc.
- AWS CloudFormation, terraform experience is a plus
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Expert level understanding of VMWare Suite
- Expert level understanding of Cisco UCS
- Expert level understanding of Active Directory
- Experience designing, implementing, and on-going operation of geo-dispersed compute infrastructure
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with public clouds such as AWS, Azure
- Understanding of basic software lifecycle process
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.