Director, Product Management- 190354
Product Management – Product Management
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
At Ellie Mae, Directors of Product Management plays a critical role in delivering value to Ellie Mae customers. Directors manage a portfolio of products and are responsible for achieving planned business outcomes as well as the overall strategy and execution of products in their portfolio.
The Director Data Platform Product Management has the unique opportunity to manage both a platform service as well as products utilizing that platform. The Ellie Mae data platform is in its infancy as an entity, but under the right leadership and guidance, it will grow to be a powerful component in the Ellie Mae arsenal of tools to help internal and external developers service the mortgage industry. As a key member of the product leadership team, the Director Data Platform Product Management has the opportunity to create a vision and execute on a multi-year journey to drive the data platform strategy from its infancy to fruition at thousands of lenders, used by thousands of developers, and leveraged by hundreds of partners servicing the mortgage industry. If you like being involved from the grounds up in a truly disruptive opportunity, this is the right place for you!
In addition to the platform responsibilities, the Director Data Platform Product Management will be responsible for driving the Ellie Mae Insights product. A unique data analytics product that leverages mortgage industry data to provide insights to our customers into the market activities powered by the Ellie Mae network of customers and partners. Ellie Mae Insights leverages AWS for a scalable platform to create data pipelines for streaming data, transformation services and a high throughput data lake. In addition, the data platform has integration with several external data sources to enrich the data for deeper business insights. Insights creates an industry unique solution to monitor and interrogate the mortgage business.
Primary Duties of the Director Data Product Management will involve setting the strategy, communicating that strategy to internal and external stakeholders, and manage the execution of all areas of the SDLC in order to achieve the desired business outcomes annually. The Director position is responsible for directly managing a small team of product managers and business analysts in support of those goals.
Success will be measured by achievement of product P&L targets as well as execution of the long-term vision of creating an Ellie Mae data platform used successfully by developers across the ecosystem.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Set overall strategic direction for products and feature sets; ensure products interact cohesively
- Proactively work with customers, prospects, executives, and the field organizations to identify new features and enhancements
- Formulate build vs buy strategy where applicable – specifically for key functional and technology components
- Manage the data platform, including data products
- Set strategic technology and functional direction for cloud based analytics platform services
- Evangelize your product area among customers, prospects, and colleagues
- Prioritize backlog to optimize customer satisfaction and internal resources available
- Responsible for growing the line of business and associated revenue
- Manage one or more Product Managers, Sr. Product Managers or Business Analysts, and guide career growth and mentorship for the individuals on the team
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding mortgage industry and technology trends as well as the Ellie Mae product line
- Collaborate with peers to define cross-product strategy
- Facilitate process improvement and cross-functional discussions with other departments
- Be the product interface to the executive team
- Define clear value proposition statements and business case for your products
- Work in lock step with product marketing to ensure your products are marketed, with training to ensure appropriate courses and collateral are created, and sales to provide them sufficient insight to position your product with customers and prospects
- Create awareness of the products within the organization (e.g. support, implementation, sales, etc.)
- Accountable for successfully taking the product and each release to the market with high quality
- Drive detailed execution plan for product adoption
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 8 or more years in product management roles (product management and / or business analyst)
- 5 or more years managing technology oriented solutions, data platforms, or hands on data analysis
- Basic knowledge of querying data from database and presenting data as effective visualization
- Strong technology back ground and familiarity with AWS services to manage large amounts of data and Cloud based platforms with hands on experience with cloud infrastructure
- Must have experience managing a team and providing guidance, refinement and detail of an initial idea, helping teammates build out a detailed implementation plan, and leading a team to deliver on the vision of a product
- Detail oriented and able to present product strategy as an executable plan
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to influence cross-functional teams to meet product goals
- Should be comfortable presenting to internal groups, executives and customers
- BS degree in business, computer science, or an engineering discipline required. MBA preferred
- Experience managing products in an agile development environment required
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.