Partner Operations, Sr Manager 201432
Pleasanton, CA /
G&A – Business Development /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
At Ellie Mae, the Partner Operations Sr. Manager aligns to the Business Development organization, reporting into the VP, Business Development, and performs a key function in supporting, coordinating, informing, and assuring that all supporting services delivered to Ellie Mae partners satisfy the charter and objectives of Ellie Mae’s Business Development team.
The Partner Operations, Sr. Manager works across the Business Development, IT, Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, Product Management, Product Marketing, Engineering Customer Care, FAST, Tech Pubs teams to facilitate key partner activities & reporting, systems & program development, and operational support for corporate initiatives. The Partner Operations Sr. Manager drives awareness for partner needs and assures relevant stakeholders are prepared to support partners. The Partner Support Delivery Manager will work across the organization to identify and advance ideas and programs that can systemically improve the Partner experience, while maintaining a keen focus on the responsibilities and accountabilities of other cross-functional resources in each of their respective roles.
- Develop overarching reporting strategy & execute on comprehensive Partner-related reporting (leads, deals, revenue, initiatives, etc.)
- Perform trending analysis on all relevant reporting and data points toward identification of opportunities for technical and business process improvement generally, and specifically related to the Partner ecosystem (Settlement Services, ISV, Dev, Consulting, Investor, GSE, New)
- Identify, recommend and advance programmatic solutions to solve for common or trending partner needs, systems & self-service
- Collect, prioritize, and socialize feedback from Partners on Ellie Mae partner-supporting systems and programs
- Provide guidance & input on product GTM (product provisioning, workflow) in conjunction with Business Development leads & product owners
- Act as Business Development subject matter expert for corporate initiatives (e.g., Project Phoenix, Raven/My Messages, Access)
- Act as a Business Development subject matter expert and participate in the communication, escalation and notification processes for partner systems (PRC, Marketplace/Partner Portal)
- Maintain collaborative, functional relationship with Ellie Mae teams (Product, PMM, IT, SSE) involved in the delivery of partner-related systems & offerings
- Ensure delivery of information and a continuous feedback loop necessary to appropriately enable Ellie Mae’s cross functional teams to plan for, and support Partners
- Ensure proper documentation is produced by appropriate teams for partner-related systems and processes
- 5+ years experience in a business operations, customer success, product management or equivalent role required.
- Demonstrated relevant subject matter expertise in one or more areas required – Ellie Mae or industry related products and services, partner management, systems operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the design and architecture of multi-tiered software solutions, including core vendor components and mainstream supporting software required, preferably in a SaaS delivery model.
- Proven experience documenting business requirements and reports.
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers and partners.
- Capable of leading and supervising teams cross-functionally toward tactical goals.
- Exhibits flexibility, can multi-task several priorities to completion, finishes ad hoc projects and requests when needed required.
- Strong working knowledge of operational best-practices, quality of service, and procedures which govern delivery of technical support.
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities.
- A four-year degree, or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or program management preferred.
- Industry domain knowledge such as direct experience working for or with a large-scale lender or industry partner(s) preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.