Sr. Quality Engineer
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior QA Engineer interfaces with the product team, working to understand the products key functionality and technical requirements, providing quality controls in accordance with industry and company best-practices. The Senior QA Engineer works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions. Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborates with other team members to continuously refactor and improve test scripts, test plans and automation framework for reusability and speed.
- Train and mentor the manual test team to execute and update automated regression suites
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with Developers, DevOps, etc. on open defects
- Develop/Enhance complex data driven Automation framework to support product and API testing
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software and Virtual Machines
- Develop/Enhance complex data driven Automation framework to support both UI and API testing.
- Collaborates with Automation team from each of the product, successfully rollout updated version of the Automation framework.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- 6 to 10 year of experience in Quality Engineering
- 3+ years’ uninterrupted experience developing Automation Framework in Java with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG/JUnit for web based applications and API/WebServices.
- 1+ year of experience testing with application using AngularJS, knowledge of Protractor, SOAP, REST web services testing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile development process.
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
- Experience with Amazon WebServices, Azure, or any Cloud platform is desirable.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.