Principal Product Manager, Platform - 190378
Pleasanton, CA /
Product Management – Product Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with product, development, sales, marketing and support to ensure customer satisfaction, quality, and revenue goals are met.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Drive new platform functionality, working with internal and external parties to ensure solution success
- Maintain, communicate and execute on the business plan, road-map, product requirements and positioning for the solution
- Communicate with customers, prospects, business development, sales and marketing to understand / document business requirements and identify highest priority areas for future product investment
- Manage product scope and deliverable s for releases, including the prioritization of customer and internal requests into a multi-year road map
- Drive “whole” product delivery across all functional teams including business, compliance, development, QA, support, training, marketing and documentation
- Develop positioning to facilitate the development of product marketing communications, education and sales tools relating to ROI, benefits, features and functions of the product
- Review / evaluate deliverable's on a continual basis to ensure that business requirements are being addressed
- Research industry metrics, demographics, market share, trends and drivers
- Assess competitors and their relative positioning within the market
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of product management/product marketing/business analyst experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; ideally in Computer Science, or Engineering discipline. MBA is a plus.
- Strong technical skills
- Experience with Fintech solutions is a plus
- Experience developing and detailing software product requirements
- Ability to analyze and clearly communicate business requirements as a key input to the product development process
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, legal, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales
- Experience with the agile project management process is a plus
- Proven ability as an analytical and strategic thinker
- Dynamic leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated as well as a strong team player
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.