Senior UX Program Manager- 210026
Product Management – User Experience (UX) /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
This position in the Strategy & Technology organization is to work with designers, researchers, product managers and extended team members to drive product excellence and facilitate the successful delivery of experiences that are intuitive, engaging and aligned with the UX vision and strategy. Reporting to the vice president of user experience, you’ll be charged with coordinating and tracking design programs and projects, ensuring predictability and healthy partnerships within the organization.
- Drive, manage and evolve research and design processes and tools for maximum UX team efficiency and impact.
- Manage UX programs, tracking assignments, dependencies and milestones at the portfolio level)
- Coordinate and bridge between UX/Product Design, Development Directors, Product Managers and Engineering to keep product development on track via effective executive communication methods.
- Support the VP of UX in planning and managing multiple parallel projects and the operational side of running the business with capacity planning, budgeting, and organizational design insights.
- Work with UX leadership team to identify priorities and allocate resources in an ongoing basis.
- Work with UX leads to define and break down work, project scope, resources, and critical path to success.
- Track the status and health of all UX initiatives, identifying and communicating risks, and managing project schedules.
- Monitor team health and work with UX leadership to support a creative, positive culture. in which researchers and designers can thrive in and deliver high quality output.
- Monitor team health/happiness, identifying team needs, resource gaps and
- Establish innovative programs for continual learning and inspiration for the UX team.
- Own and run the onboarding framework for UX team members.
- Set an example for collaboration, good communication, flexibility, and willingness to learn the domain
- Remain in close contact with VP of UX and UX leadership
- Partner closely with the Program Management Office and Technical Program Managers
- Monitor Release trains, attend relevant program meetings that will impact or relate to UX
- 2-5 years Prior experience with Design Operations or UX program management
- 4+ years of experience as a program or project manager, UX producer, or similar role.
- Experience leading delivery for large, portfolio-level cross functional projects
- Ability to context shift quickly among cross functional areas, as well as moving between levels of detail, e.g., from project detail up to executive-level points-of-view.
- Expertise with UX design and research disciplines, tools, and processes.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization.
- Understandings and appreciation of User-Centered Design
- Able to identify and mitigate risk on projects and manage issues to conclusion
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Deep experience with project management tools like Confluence and JIRA, and experience creating design-specific workflows and reporting.
- Experience building/delivering Financial Services products.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team including Miro, Sketch
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- A calm, optimistic demeanor that inspires confidence and collaboration.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
- Communication Design and writing Skills
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.